A week in the Philippines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I have started wearing flip flops even went out in them yesterday

When we went to the fancy 18th birthday party last month, I didn't have any long pants that fit and no nice shoes that fit either.  It had been years since I tried either.  Had to buy some long slacks and I was able to squeeze into an old pair of topsiders for shoes.  I always wear shorts and usually only put sneakers on for church.  I have always been a shorts guy, even in mild winter conditions!

images (1).jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

If you want to be a local, Steve, shed the flipflops - here called "sandals" - and go barefoot!

Barefoot , not a chance walking on a pebble beach I walk like I am drunk arms waving everywhere, can you imagine walking along some of these streets.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

When we went to the fancy 18th birthday party last month, I didn't have any long pants that fit and no nice shoes that fit either.  It had been years since I tried either.  Had to buy some long slacks and I was able to squeeze into an old pair of topsiders for shoes.  I always wear shorts and usually only put sneakers on for church.  I have always been a shorts guy, even in mild winter conditions!

images (1).jpeg

Somehow I have always imagined you being taller.:whistling:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Barefoot , not a chance walking on a pebble beach I walk like I am drunk arms waving everywhere, can you imagine walking along some of these streets.

I walk like that anyway when I am sober, Steve... so what's the difference?:hystery: Just be careful to try not to walk in dog - or human - poo...yuck!

I just reviewed my reply and found I have more to add:

Steve... there are few pebbles on the roads and alleys... just dog poo, dog and human pee, trashed, rotten food, dead mice, cockroaches and rats... What's to be afraid of? As you say, Life is better in the Philippines!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

That looks very good so far, Steve!

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That looks very good so far, Steve!

Thank you, it’s just so different from what I have been use too work wise, different materials for different countries, but as I keep saying to myself your not back in your home town , your in your new home town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Thank you, it’s just so different from what I have been use too work wise, different materials for different countries, but as I keep saying to myself your not back in your home town , your in your new home town.

Yeah... understood completely. It's not done at all like I am accustomed to in USA... But then, I am not in USA...

Us Yanks might just say, "Toto... You aren't in Kansas any more...!"

But the rum here is very cheap, so are many spirits. The beer is wonderful and reasonably priced... The women - and your woman especially - are lovely, smart and nice...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, Tommy T. said:

If you want to be a local, Steve, shed the flipflops - here called "sandals" - and go barefoot!

I would think here called flip flops here :89:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would think here called flip flops here :89:

Could be, JGF... but my partner and her daughter and family always refer to them as "slippers"... Maybe that's a Visayan thing?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2