And there are many ways to get yourself erected again

Would you care to elaborate?

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, graham59 said:

'Slippers'  (rather than 'flipflops') also up here in Pangasinan. :thumbsup:

Steve,  your place makes mine look like a shack.

Well ok, actually my place IS a shack. lol  :biggrin:

Thanks Graham , it would be nice to think of it as my place and that’s what has been said by all the family members too, it’s yours and Emma’s house, but let’s wait and see, once we are on the plane back to England and away from here for a few months will it be how we left it, 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well since being here the Mozi bites on my legs has stopped, the noise from everywhere seems to have disappeared and it’s fun , have I become accustomed to the sights and sounds of living in a busy city .

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just been shopping to get some things to cook and to last us a few days, it’s incredible the prices you see when walking around the local store, some things are a great price , but I fancied some chocolate just a few squares to munch on in the evening, so up and down the isles and there it was Cadbury’s chocolate, not a small bar but then again not a big bar, HOW MUCH, not a chance I am paying that price , then you walk down another isle and you see the bottles of wine , same price as the chocolate bar, now theirs  a thought.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Just been shopping to get some things to cook and to last us a few days, it’s incredible the prices you see when walking around the local store, some things are a great price , but I fancied some chocolate just a few squares to munch on in the evening, so up and down the isles and there it was Cadbury’s chocolate, not a small bar but then again not a big bar, HOW MUCH, not a chance I am paying that price , then you walk down another isle and you see the bottles of wine , same price as the chocolate bar, now theirs  a thought.

Things are quite peculiar here at times.... especially in terms of price and value. The 'luxury' items, like chocolate and especially international name brands, are indeed, 'luxury' items. I usually stick to local, generic variants. Yes, the quality isn't the same.... but they'll often do in some situations. Imports will always cost you a premium price that you'd never cough up the same cash for at home. On the positive side, when I used to buy a bottle of Chilean wine, I was always amazed at the low price..... considering the distance it has traveled to get here.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Yes I've looked longingly at the chocolate and decided I just don't need it that badly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Steve - you want a serious treat my friend?  Buy some dried mango, some dark chocolate, and a good merlot (does not have to be expensive).  Melt the chocolate and dip the dried mango in the chocolate and let it cool.  Chocolate dipped dried mango and a nice merlot - now we are talking top tier.   You could be on "Masterchef" next week. :tongue:   Warning - If your spouse is into chocolate and wine, this could be hazardous to your health. :whistling:

Back to the shops tomorrow.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I recommend these, less than 10 pesos. Similar to a Toffee Crisp:biggrin:.

choco mucho.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I was looking for a rich tea sort of biscuit but could not find anything that resembles that sort, but I have never seen so many different flavours of Oreo biscuits.