The only guy in the village

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Walking around the area I have felt like a celebrity as being ‘ the only gay in the village ‘ Little Britain. But these last few days I have seen other tall whitish folk about , the other day I was sitting waiting for food and in walks this chap with his partner and here was me thinking someone to say hello too, but was completely blanked , then yesterday while in Handyman again I passed another tall person but this time it was a case of ‘ alright then ‘ and a smile and a nod and that was it.

Do other new folk see others around and try to say hi or even a nod specially if walking past each other.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It's hit and miss.  I tend to say hi or give a nod and usually get one acknowledgment out of 5.  Even opening doors and stepping back I get blanked at times. Maybe those retiring here have come to escape the niceties of the West. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

I have been burnt once, so Im one with a nod of the head, I was sat outside the hogs and hops on a Sunday lunchtime enjoying my beer and a smoke, when a Dutch guy introduced him self, I had a bucket of Heinikan beer, so invited to take one, which he did, then he complained it was not his taste, he still drank it though, so he went inside and ordered his San mig light, which he had 3 of, then time for him to go, he went inside for which I thought was to pay his bill, he came out, said good by, when I got my bill his beer was on it, he told the barmaid I was paying, so i too now tend to just nod say hi with a nod, and look away now... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 2
  • Sad 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mick said:

I have been burnt once, so Im one with a nod of the head, I was sat outside the hogs and hops on a Sunday lunchtime enjoying my beer and a smoke, when a Dutch guy introduced him self, I had a bucket of Heinikan beer, so invited to take one, which he did, then he complained it was not his taste, he still drank it though, so he went inside and ordered his San mig light, which he had 3 of, then time for him to go, he went inside for which I thought was to pay his bill, he came out, said good by, when I got my bill his beer was on it, he told the barmaid I was paying, so i too now tend to just nod say hi with a nod, and look away now... 

So you had to sort of pay twice , bloody double Dutch :whistling:

• Haha 5

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I used to go out of my way to nod or say hi to the small number of westerners near Puerto (most of them seem to live up near the old airport not our side of the city of CDO), but honestly, except for a few many have seemed a bit... off, I keep more to myself these days.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mick said:

One thing I always do if I'm drinking in places like Makati where it's full of foreigners, if they come over drunk and suddenly they want to be my best mate, they get blanked, but then again met some nice guys, so it's a mix, but I'm always careful who I invite in to my world, 2 expats I know here, we chat now and again, and I used to have a beer with them, I even went to one's wedding, both have asked me to lend them money, one wanted $20,000 the other $800, both got the Same answer.... 2 words, ends in Off... 

It seems the dollar sign gets the 2 words what about the pound or peso ????

• Haha 3