Philippine students last in reading comprehension

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

I haven't read through the entire thread (and yes, my reading comprehension skills are ok), but do you think part of the reason is because the classes in the Philippines are taught in English, and for most students, English is their second language?

But, if they were being taught in English then wouldn't their English skills be as strong as their 1st language?  Anyhow, i don't believe classes are all taught in English - previous posts suggest it is mixed depending on location.  

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

So you admit that your opinion is less important. Ok with me.

Okay, okay, AK I give... my opinion is simply my opinion...nothing more and possibly less...

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay, okay, AK I give... my opinion is simply my opinion...nothing more and possibly less...

TT. Give what? I love your post's . And if we can't disagree what's the use of the forum?:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I decided not to shut up after all... sorry Clermont...

What a pity. :thumbsup:

If you all decide to read the decree properly and follow the commerce side you will understand that only English is taught for this and that includes teacher's. Mike J is correct with his input and I do apologize but in the decree I read a few years ago, it stated only English was taught, I see they have set down guidelines for teaching. Thanks', Mike J this is what the forum is all about, learning and being corrected so other OP's can learn, not another Facebook page where garbage is talked. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have just read an article about English proficiency in Asia using 2018 IELTS scores - the Philippines came 2nd!

So, it seems that the level of English here isn't so bad after all...?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1