What is the Weather in the PI Right Now - Thailand is chilly

Pinetree
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

28 degrees is hardly cold! 

it's all relative.  When you are used to 33 to 36 degrees, nill wind and 80% humidity , for 10 months of the year,  28 degrees , low humidity and windy conditions can definitely feel 'cold'.  At night, by any definition, in the tropics, 16 to 18 degrees is cold.  Just ask anyone who is here right now. My wife's mother was chipping ice off a bowl of water this morning in North East Thailand and building a fire to keep warm.   Government here issues  free blankets to people living in that area and in the north of the country.   I call that cold. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

8 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

My wife's mother was chipping ice off a bowl of water this morning in North East Thailand and building a fire to keep warm.   Government here issues  free blankets to people living in that area and in the north of the country.   I call that cold. 

If there's ice it must be below freezing. minus 0c. not seen that since leaving the UK and don't want ever to see that again. Yes I call that cold

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

it's all relative.  When you are used to 33 to 36 degrees, nill wind and 80% humidity , for 10 months of the year,  28 degrees , low humidity and windy conditions can definitely feel 'cold'.  At night, by any definition, in the tropics, 16 to 18 degrees is cold.  Just ask anyone who is here right now. My wife's mother was chipping ice off a bowl of water this morning in North East Thailand and building a fire to keep warm.   Government here issues  free blankets to people living in that area and in the north of the country.   I call that cold. 

But Thai girls can tend to be very hot!

Hmmm... I still prefer my solution - cool air, a warm woman and maybe (maybe) a blanket for extreme conditions? Our aircon is set to 21 C at night for "sleeping." But, when the new home is done, I want 18 C plus my woman, plus quilt (if necessary)!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Pinetree
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jimeve said:

yes, it was up there, see the weather report  above.   Thin ice covering static water in the  north here is not that unusual. 

Edited by Pinetree
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

But you don't live in the North!  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

yes, it was up there, see the weather report  above.   Thin ice covering static water in the  north here is not that unusual. 

I know I am beating hard on this drum... but Pinetree... where is your girl who keeps you warm at night? Not meaning to get too personal, but... just asking...

Edited by Tommy T.

Pinetree
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I know I am beating hard on this drum... but Pinetree... where is your girl who keeps you warm at night? Not meaning to get too personal, but... just asking...

Normally at this time of the year, by the side of me, wrapped up in a thick quilt, socks, a thick onsey and maybe a second blanket.  It's like getting near Fort Knox.  Have to wait for March for her to ease up on the clothes, poor lass. You would think that after 20 years of living in the UK she would understand cold, but she has reverted to type since we moved here.  

• Like 1

Pinetree
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

But you don't live in the North!  

I was trying to make the point, unsuccessfully it seems, that despite it being in the tropics, at least in Thailand, it can get close to the definition of 'cold'. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Normally at this time of the year, by the side of me, wrapped up in a thick quilt, socks, a thick onsey and maybe a second blanket.  It's like getting near Fort Knox.  Have to wait for March for her to ease up on the clothes, poor lass. You would think that after 20 years of living in the UK she would understand cold, but she has reverted to type since we moved here.  

Sorry to hear that, Pinetree... I won't even go there with my thoughts... Maybe I could condone the socks... but the rest? Hmmm... Maybe just a thick blanket for the two of you to cuddle under that you can toss off the one side if you get overheated (and I don't meant that in very many ways...) ? That's actually what I do often since I am more accustomed to cool night weather.

• Like 1