Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

All of you enjoy your power screwing... okay?:whistling:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And when they break down you can get counterfeit replacement parts online from China, the same place that makes the counterfeit Makita.  But they are cheap.

You seem to indicate that all Makita sold here is counterfeit.  I don't think that is true.  This is the official distributor:

https://clksupertools.com.ph/

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

You may want to consider a cordless drill/screwdriver.  Mine is still going strong after six years and it beats dragging a cord around or trying to find an outlet you can reach.

I brought a Ryobi 18v nicad cordless set (drill, sawzall, small circular saw, vacuum) with me that I had for a long time.  I bought 2 new batteries when I moved.  They have since died and won't take a charge.  I have seen You Tube videos on "zapping" them so they will take a charge again, but so far, no success.  Has anybody ever zapped the NiCads to bring them back?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I brought a Ryobi 18v nicad cordless set (drill, sawzall, small circular saw, vacuum) with me that I had for a long time.  I bought 2 new batteries when I moved.  They have since died and won't take a charge.  I have seen You Tube videos on "zapping" them so they will take a charge again, but so far, no success.  Has anybody ever zapped the NiCads to bring them back?

My dewalt drill/ driver will not hold its charge either and the cost for a new one is more then the drill is worth, so I brought a different model.

I have never seen a video where you can zap the battery , I shall look right away.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

will not hold its charge

In my case, when you put them on the charger, there is an error, so you can't re-charge them.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You seem to indicate that all Makita sold here is counterfeit.  I don't think that is true.  This is the official distributor:

I cannot say for sure that you cannot get a legitimate Makita.  I can say for sure I have a counterfeit one and I buy parts online from China.  Its a cheap piece of junk but thats why I like it.

Edit:  This site claims to tell you how to spot a fake powertool in the Philippines.  https://shop.goldpeaktools.com.ph/pages/how-to-spot-fake-powertools-in-the-philippine-market

Edit 2:  I see where the site you linked to claims to be "Sole distributor of Makita Power Tools in the Philippines" and yet the site I linked to also says they are a distributor of Makita https://shop.goldpeaktools.com.ph/collections/makita-brand

In truth, I have never seen a web site or a store that claims to sell counterfeit goods, and yet they proliferate.  Funny how that works.  But as I stated, I cannot say for sure that you cannot get a legitimate Makita and it looks like you probably can if you pay the right price from the right distributor.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I brought all my power tools over from the UK Steve. (Corded and cordless drills, jigsaws, etc. ).

All working perfectly... and glad I did... plus my 'workmate' folding work bench. Now that I KNEW would be a godsent, and it is. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I brought all my power tools over from the UK Steve. (Corded and cordless drills, jigsaws, etc. ).

All working perfectly... and glad I did... plus my 'workmate' folding work bench. Now that I KNEW would be a godsent, and it is. 

How did you get your workmate in the box, did you take it apart.

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

How did you get your workmate in the box, did you take it apart.

All bolted together mate, so yes, just took apart and easily went into a Balikbayan box.

Thing is... I owned all this stuff already (and was moving to the Phils for good), so why buy again here ?

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

To be honest Steve, you're often better off buying good quality used stuff in the UK .... usually for next to nowt,  (even in the charity shops) and bringing  or sending  over to Phils in Balikbayan.

At least you know it's all had to meet European standard at some point... and is therefore likely to last a good few years, (and without killing you). 

Edited by graham59
  • Thanks 1