Power tools

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, Handyman or Ace sell kits for cutting Door Knobs and locks, no that dear either

Just come back from there, 330 peso for the kit, and it’s mine and will be under lock and key once it’s been used for the 3 doors.

Again cheers Jack:thumbsup:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

NOBODY else touches my tools.  End of story.  :smile:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, graham59 said:

NOBODY else touches my tools.  End of story.  :smile:

There’s only one person other then myself touches my tool.:whistling:

• Haha 3

davewe
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, Handyman or Ace sell kits for cutting Door Knobs and locks, no that dear either

They are pretty common and not expensive. But yes I had to buy two since one "disappeared." 

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, stevewool said:

We was looking for a hole drill, the ones that can cut out the door locks in the door, well it seems that the father in law had one , but his daughter had borrowed it a few months back and we need it, but as luck would have it, she is coming this Saturday to see Emma , so a quick phone call to her to ask to bring this drill bit with her.

Well it seems that it has gone missing, she borrowed it to her brother in law and he’s sold it,:hystery:

The look on Emma’s dad face when he found out, yes he was angry and so would I be too, I  have 2 sets of these back in England , no good over there though, so it’s putting the thinking cap on and I told the father in law, DONT LEND AGAIN 

Several years ago I watched as a solid core door was being hung.  The door had been built to be slightly over sized to the opening which is fairly common here.  When they installed the door knob they used chisels to cut both the large and small holes.  The smaller hole was cut using a chisel that was may have been 2 mm wide.  I was amazed at how perfect those holes were.  If I had not seen the man do the work I would have sworn they were cut using a hole saw and drill bit. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Several years ago I watched as a solid core door was being hung.  The door had been built to be slightly over sized to the opening which is fairly common here.  When they installed the door knob they used chisels to cut both the large and small holes.  The smaller hole was cut using a chisel that was may have been 2 mm wide.  I was amazed at how perfect those holes were.  If I had not seen the man do the work I would have sworn they were cut using a hole saw and drill bit. :thumbsup:

Same - in fact, i lent the carpenter my drill with attachment but he said he preferred to do it his way (I think he was afraid to damage my drill). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

I needed a screwdriver so it was of to the hardware shop and I thought the magic word cheap which is fatal here as cheap is crap, it was that crap that the head of the screwdriver turned while the screw just stayed there, so it was back again and this time look , and the quality of many items is just rubbish, the magic word from the sales is, it’s stainless steel, yes it’s cheap graded stainless tell from China .and no I did not buy any.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I needed a screwdriver so it was of to the hardware shop and I thought the magic word cheap which is fatal here as cheap is crap, it was that crap that the head of the screwdriver turned while the screw just stayed there, so it was back again and this time look , and the quality of many items is just rubbish, the magic word from the sales is, it’s stainless steel, yes it’s cheap graded stainless tell from China .and no I did not buy any

• 6 months later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, OnMyWay said:

In my case, when you put them on the charger, there is an error, so you can't re-charge them.

Well after having to buy a new battery for my Dewalt but not a original one those are just way to expensive I brought one for just under £17 or just over 1000 peso and once I had charged it and tried it on my drill I thought I would give this a go and it works , I have now 3 batteries, not to sure how long the old batteries will work for but I will be making sure that I do check and use them at leased once a month , you never know it could have been the best £17 or 1000 peso I have spent in a while .

• Like 1