Not another building project

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well what a day digging and cleaning and talk about cockroaches, loads of them and big ones too, anyway we now have 3 inspection drains in place so if anything becomes wedged in the pipes we can attack it from both sides , we also had a outside tap moved near to the drain so when they wash they can set the pipe into the drain and have water going into the machine rather then having waste water flowing everywhere, it’s all back filled in now and just wanting the covers sorted out I was a mesh one for the one that the sink runs into so it can catch anything before it goes into the pipes ..

The shuttering comes of Monday from the hidden canopy, looking forward to seeing that happen , but I have some news.

Monday we are away for a couple of days or week or more depending on where we will end up, of travelling towards Bicol and other places on the way, may even get as far as seeing the Mayon volcano if it’s a clear day, really looking forward to this trip, may even have a swim in the sea .

416C7F91-C0C1-4E43-AD54-6054F50B8FA8.jpeg810E32C6-420E-4902-9C49-B1563AB85EBF.jpeg33A268D9-AE16-437C-9EF8-ED5200AACC01.jpeg32306B49-BF1E-4907-9260-83C120D408F0.jpeg

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I've made sure all our drains are 4" as they woukd of happily put in 3" . They all empty into a canal at the back of the house so rodding is possible.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

Hay ho life in the family home is not for me .

It takes a special kind of person to be happy in a situation like  that. It´s definitely not for me either :thumbsup:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Viking said:

It takes a special kind of person to be happy in a situation like  that. It´s definitely not for me either :thumbsup:

It’s been very difficult at times, I know I can be pig headed and I know I have given certain people so many chances but it does not changed them so I have to change .

Myself and Emma have had strong words and silly Steve has been on hunger strike , ( I don’t want anything not even a cup of tea I can make my own sort of thing ), but we have sorted it out .

Onwards and upwards so they say.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The inspection drains that we are having fitted what covers do you use for them, they want to use a concrete block on all three , this way it will stop the rats coming through so they are telling me, but I would like a metal mesh on one just where the waste pipe from the sink goes into, so any scrapes of food can be collected before it goes into the drain, but again they are saying this is not the right way.

If the waste was collected daily if there was any surely it’s would be better then going into the drains , a wasted thought on my behalf do you think.

Mick
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, stevewool said:

The inspection drains that we are having fitted what covers do you use for them, they want to use a concrete block on all three , this way it will stop the rats coming through so they are telling me, but I would like a metal mesh on one just where the waste pipe from the sink goes into, so any scrapes of food can be collected before it goes into the drain, but again they are saying this is not the right way.

If the waste was collected daily if there was any surely it’s would be better then going into the drains , a wasted thought on my behalf do you think.

I got these in a local hardware, think they do them in wilcon as well

15806878282988970258271155472400.jpg

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/1/2020 at 7:57 PM, stevewool said:

It’s been very difficult at times, I know I can be pig headed and I know I have given certain people so many chances but it does not changed them so I have to change .

Myself and Emma have had strong words and silly Steve has been on hunger strike , ( I don’t want anything not even a cup of tea I can make my own sort of thing ), but we have sorted it out .

Onwards and upwards so they say.

An Englishman without his cup of tea...Goodness me what ever next!!

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, RBM said:

An Englishman without his cup of tea...Goodness me what ever next!!

Ran out of scones too!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Scaffolding has come down and a pretty pattern has emerged, just a good clean up to do now.

08112640-54B2-40BE-BE4D-1CED634DEFC5.jpegDA5668C5-34A0-44AB-A815-BF70F3804F94.jpegDEA4AEF7-95CF-475C-B2DD-0A39E0BCD085.jpegA9077EA2-B0FF-4AF2-AA18-D4005EB9336F.jpeg73BF7D8A-C2B6-4E80-AFA1-BD8282F02C92.jpeg

CECB20E3-0793-4F42-93B1-5CFE1E7B1DB3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Still away on our holiday / vacation / break and we had a phone call from the workers today that they are not at work because of the rain in Marikina , but hopefully they should be back on Monday weather permitting, they have finished most of the work but have to make more scaffolding to paint the rear of the house, be interesting to see what it is like when we get back late Monday.

• Like 1