Not another building project

stevewool
Posted
Posted

A trip to the house today and I was watching the builders working , we have 3 now on site to get things moving a little quicker, in by the 29th this month we are hoping , but who knows .

Anyway they have started pulling the tiles on the bath/shower room and they look fantastic, I was watching the chap doing this and I could see there was going to be a few holes needed places in the tiles , well what a experience  watching him first do all his measurements then he gets a small electric grinder and starts shaving the tile away skimming until he thinks that’s enough, then he turns over the tile and with a pair of pliers he tapes where he was grinding and low and behold a hole appears, then to make it bigger he just rotates the pliers into the hole , he then checks to see if it will fit if not he makes it bigger by chipping away again, I was amazed . 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

A trip to the house today and I was watching the builders working , we have 3 now on site to get things moving a little quicker, in by the 29th this month we are hoping , but who knows .

Anyway they have started pulling the tiles on the bath/shower room and they look fantastic, I was watching the chap doing this and I could see there was going to be a few holes needed places in the tiles , well what a experience  watching him first do all his measurements then he gets a small electric grinder and starts shaving the tile away skimming until he thinks that’s enough, then he turns over the tile and with a pair of pliers he tapes where he was grinding and low and behold a hole appears, then to make it bigger he just rotates the pliers into the hole , he then checks to see if it will fit if not he makes it bigger by chipping away again, I was amazed . 

And the best tool for grouting, a cut off slipper.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Here are a few pictures of the bedroom ceiling and the bathroom. Plus the tile fitter making his holes.

4594BACC-6D42-49CD-B1F7-CFC84F769E0B.jpegC78F96CB-8CED-4895-B04B-FB1AF9DEFA66.jpeg08A6B0FF-C10A-4AD8-8B67-20A274ED4645.jpeg12E5BFB1-6208-43A5-95A4-2FD4E8179E4D.jpegAA800A65-A4CC-49E7-B7CC-429BEA6DB49B.jpegEEED7627-A3E6-4123-B26D-0056047DC52F.jpeg

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

One of the items I brought with me was diamond core bit.  I demo first to make sure they know it needs water as a coolant/lubricant so the tiles does not crack.  Our tile guys are all smiles when I show them how to use it with a cordless drill. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Nara wood, has anyone got this in the place , and is it worth the cost.

It does look nice and Ems thinks it will look dandy on the stairs but it does seem like a lot of money to me , so any advice from those who as gone before me.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

It does look nice and Ems thinks it will look dandy on the stairs but it does seem like a lot of money to me , so any advice from those who as gone before me.

Not yet... but very soon. Our doors and maybe stairs will be made from this or yaka(sp?) hardwood. Please share your experience, Steve? What I do know is that both of these are supposed to be immune or at least highly resistant to termites - that may be worth a lot in the long run...

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

It's a hardwood, woodworm can't penetrate so yes well worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am on Facebook back home buying and selling items , so I have just changed my address from there to here in the Philippines and looked on Facebook market place, so far had a few replies about fittings and the price too, interesting but I like to go and see it and before I part with my cash.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Steve... L tells me that one of the main sources for those hardwoods is near or at Caraga , on the east coast of Mindanao, not far from the town of Mati. We will be getting our hardwood doors and stairs from there.  We will also be near there later this week for family get-togethers...... Would you like me to ask around for information - prices, availability? Just let me know...

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Steve... L tells me that one of the main sources for those hardwoods is near or at Caraga , on the east coast of Mindanao, not far from the town of Mati. We will be getting our hardwood doors and stairs from there.  We will also be near there later this week for family get-togethers...... Would you like me to ask around for information - prices, availability? Just let me know...

No thanks Tom, change of mind AGAIN, the stairs are going to be tiled , well today they are , tomorrow the stairs could be open tread with glass walls, and then the next day it could be a spiral staircase .:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Haha 3