Not another building project

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I didn't think you could get nara anymore. We mostly see mahogany now and something similat but a bit lighter in colour.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Nara are those trees at the side of every road that nobody is allowed to touch...even when they widen the road !   :thumbsup:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Nearly finished the wall tiling and the false ceiling are both up just need skimming over, one chap has started on the roof deck chipping away at the old stuff with his piece of plastic pipe with a 4 or 5 inch nail stuck through it tapping away with his hammer , hope the rain keeps off these next few days .

FDC3747A-FEDB-46C8-802B-E73D75D28E12.jpeg

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just a thought here, as it will soon be Christmas and I am not sure what days the workers will not be working until we have spoken to them, what sort of tip or Christmas box would they expect or what you would give , the work so far we are both very pleased and yes I would Like to  give them some sort of a bonus.

Emma did mention buying a ham for them each , but maybe cash is better, so what is the norm here a extra days pay or more , any advice would be welcome .

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Just a thought here, as it will soon be Christmas and I am not sure what days the workers will not be working until we have spoken to them, what sort of tip or Christmas box would they expect or what you would give , the work so far we are both very pleased and yes I would Like to  give them some sort of a bonus.

Emma did mention buying a ham for them each , but maybe cash is better, so what is the norm here a extra days pay or more , any advice would be welcome .

10 kg bags of rice each. Cost about 500p for decent rice, maybe less.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I'd give money...given 500php is a day's pay I'd go with around that amount

We were having work done which just finished yesterday - the workers changed a bit so we only gave the Supervisor.  We let him have our spare TV for a bargain 5k although we originally wanted 10K - he was over the moon,  

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I made sure we just took a break from any construction work during the whole of December. :biggrin:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yesterday I got stuck in on the roof deck smashing the top layer of concrete and trying to get it all ready for the new stuff.

Bloody hot, lost count how many times I hit my hand with the silly stupid hammer, then a blister suddenly appears , where’s my gloves , so hot , where’s my water , did I mention it’s hot..

2182B954-3FC9-4C29-8A2F-1E9A01121C5E.jpeg2F7C092D-9D0B-43F3-881A-B9ACF8A516BE.jpegE93C68FD-6FDA-4437-AEE5-E473097341E1.jpeg9908F049-B013-4A2B-9449-C475C484E161.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have some spare time to myself today as Ems is going for a full blown facial, haircut, manicure and what else she can for her budget, so I have been crunching the numbers for the house build from day one.

Since being a member here it’s all on record what I have said about everything so it was a case of just looking back in history , May 2014 is when the house build started.

There has been 3 amounts of money we have budgeted over this length of time , the first amount we sent over was £5500 to get the house started the exchange rate then was 75 peso to the pound, then the second amount was from  January 2015 we sent £6000 over a period of a few months the rate then was 66 peso to the pound .

So here we are all these years later with another budget of £5000  with the rate hovering around 66 peso , hopefully the house will be completed within this budget but I have a little pot just in case it goes over or we are wanting something extra .

It has taken this long as it’s a family house for the father and brother down stairs which was completed in 2015 but the upstairs is our place which has been a empty shell until this month , so after spending just over the 1 million peso for the build and not the land I think is ok for 2 reasons, first one is Emma has built her father a new home , second reason , it’s our holiday home for ever and ever .

graham59
Posted
Posted

Sounds like good value to me Steve. :thumbsup: