Not another building project

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

You are making remarkable progress on your build/remodel...good on ya! Don't stop now!!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 12/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, Clermont said:

If you don't mind, could you keep the price on the tiling of the bathroom, please. I just need a rough quote. :thumbsup:

When I had our 'wet room/CR' tiled last year, I paid the tiler p700 per day... plus his 'gopher' another p350.

That, plus the price of the tiles and associated materials...grout, cement, etc....all of which I supplied. 

It took 2 days, and looks good.   

Make sure you are dealing with a professional, experienced tiler.  Knowing what he's doing will also keep the job from dragging out longer than necessary , which will then cover his extra wages cost, as a skilled man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We are wanting a carport or something like that for the length of the house 10 meters by just over 3 meters ,plus other bits and bobs, anyway we had a man come to price it up after giving us a estimate over the internet , anyway he came took down all the measurements and yes they was the same as I said to him.

na he’s come back with the prices for all the things we wanted doing and yes they have gone up since seeing me I think, I would be happy to pay for the window bars and door bars even a outside ladder which the prices are not to bad although they are more then he told me on the internet , but the carport is a whopping 170,000 peso . Am I expecting to much for so little cash , I don’t think so, still a few more to talk too, I have even thought about buying the welder and having a go myself, done it once and I got weldflash in my eyes bloody hurt that did and had to go to the hospital .

earthdome
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

bathroom are looking good

Where is the shower going to be?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

Sorry about them being sideways I have tried to correct them but to no avail, so make sure you don’t knock anything over.

Good the CR picture is not sideways.  You would be getting suggestions to install a seatbelt with shoulder harness.   :tongue:

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

Where is the shower going to be?

Where the arrow is.

389E7663-0183-4D5C-B72A-86F0B462497F.jpeg

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

In looking at your picture I see that you have a one piece toilet.  We did the same in our CR remodel and I almost wished we had not.  The toilet seat broke.  Not a big deal right?  Actually it was a problem.  You cannot get to the nuts from underneath that hold the lid down (at least on ours) and yours look quite similar.  I was able to use a putty knife to pry between the seat and the porcelain.  It was nerve wracking to be sure, wondering if the porcelain would crack, but the "bolts" were plastic and they finally snapped.

In doing research there are special "top side" bolts that "should" be used to put a seat on these toilets.  I was able to order some from Amazon.com.  Here is what they look like.  If you toilet is not installed yet, you may want to change them out to prevent future problems.

GuDez Toilet Seat Hinges Screws Expanding Rubber Bolts Top Nuts Set for Top Mount Toilet Seat Tightening Kit Replacement,Toilet Seat Blind Hole Fixing Kit for TOTO Toilets,2 Pack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I shall have a closer look at the loo later on today and see what I can see, this was Emma’s choice , me well a loo is a loo until you come here and realise they come in large, medium, small and very small, good choice Mrs Woolley 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Where the arrow is.

389E7663-0183-4D5C-B72A-86F0B462497F.jpeg

So the toilet and the shower are in the same place? But then again the toilet is in a good location to get that extra ventilation you might need in case Jake uses it during a visit. :hystery:

• Haha 2