Not another building project

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, earthdome said:

So the toilet and the shower are in the same place? But then again the toilet is in a good location to get that extra ventilation you might need in case Jake uses it during a visit. :hystery:

Well that’s where Emma wanted these items and I thought ok when showering I can wash the loo at the same time, or somewhere to sit under a cold shower if it’s too hot.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes those one piece toilets, we have one, the new house doesn't. The valves and flusher have about a three month life expectancy. As the toilet is cemented in place there is no way to access the parts to replace them so it's flush with a bucket from then on.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Gary D
  • Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well that’s where Emma wanted these items and I thought ok when showering I can wash the loo at the same time, or somewhere to sit under a cold shower if it’s too hot.

My woman also have ideas where to put things but it´s usually not the best solution. When I tell her how I want it, she usually agree and think my way is a lot better. No offence, but I think YOU would have made a better plan for the shower/loo :thumbsup:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

Where the arrow is.

389E7663-0183-4D5C-B72A-86F0B462497F.jpeg

You can have shit and shower at the same time:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jimeve said:

You can have shit and shower at the same time:thumbsup:

Get the mirror in the right place and you could have a shit, shave and a hair cut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 12/22/2019 at 3:34 PM, stevewool said:

We are wanting a carport or something like that for the length of the house 10 meters by just over 3 meters ,plus other bits and bobs, anyway we had a man come to price it up after giving us a estimate over the internet , anyway he came took down all the measurements and yes they was the same as I said to him.

na he’s come back with the prices for all the things we wanted doing and yes they have gone up since seeing me I think, I would be happy to pay for the window bars and door bars even a outside ladder which the prices are not to bad although they are more then he told me on the internet , but the carport is a whopping 170,000 peso . Am I expecting to much for so little cash , I don’t think so, still a few more to talk too, I have even thought about buying the welder and having a go myself, done it once and I got weldflash in my eyes bloody hurt that did and had to go to the hospital .

Well would you believe it, after saying no thank you for his silly quote of 170’000 peso for the car port he’s come back with his original offer of 35’000 peso but it will not be as strong so he says, well I think you all know what my answer was back

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Well would you believe it, after saying no thank you for his silly quote of 170’000 peso for the car port he’s come back with his original offer of 35’000 peso but it will not be as strong so he says, well I think you all know what my answer was back

Thanks but no thanks would be my guess! Maybe not so politely though.

No credibility so move on to another contractor safe in the knowledge you now have a ballpark figure to work with.

graham59
Posted
Posted

A strong car port ?

Add up the (approximate) materials costs . Shouldn't be too hard on such a simple structure.

Then add in the labour costs per day, for say 3 workers at most. If it took them more than 3 or 4 days, I'd be amazed. 

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I had a carport built last year... 6x3 meters....labour 4,000 pesos...Materials about 10,000. nothing fancy 4 galvanized post,  metal struts, corrogated roof. and sand n cement for the post. Mind you everything is cheaper down here (Dumaguete) Plus I know the guy.:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Steve mate.... for p175, 000, I'd expect to have a small house included with the carport.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2