No peace

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I am fed up to my back teeth of this poxy election and brexit 

If you turn on the tv ,its there, if you turn on the radio ,its there

I dont know about the alleged russian interference with the USA election, but we have the EU ,pulling every trick in the book to sway the election in their favour

General patton got it right when he said " a politician is a guy who will one day salute the flag and wipe his butt with it the next to get a vote "

My big fear is that we will have a hung parliament with no clear majority , then god forbid ,we will have to suffer this purgatory for another number of years 

Rant over 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's worse here in the States. It seems the public servants have become rulers and serve for power and wealth. It's past time we take it back.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Old55 said:

It's worse here in the States. It seems the public servants have become rulers and serve for power and wealth. It's past time we take it back.

I agree , democracy has been sold down the river, we are left with an illusion 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

democracy has been sold down the river, we are left with an illusion 

Yep, but as Winston is supposed to have  said, its the worst form of government,,,,,,,,,,except for all the other forms :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I dont know about the alleged russian interference with the USA election, but we have the EU ,pulling every trick in the book to sway the election in their favour

General patton got it right when he said " a politician is a guy who will one day salute the flag and wipe his butt with it the next to get a vote "

My big fear is that we will have a hung parliament with no clear majority , then god forbid ,we will have to suffer this purgatory for another number of years 

Rant over 

What election ,what brexit, I am to busy with Wilcon and Handyman to think about anything else, I will wait until the end of February to worry about good old England .

We did our vote by proxy before we left and that’s our bit done , let’s hope for the best , prepare for the worst .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Rant over 

I am sick of it here, on every news channel....Donald... Boris....give me a break....

Thank goodness for my movie down loads....

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Whats the going rate for a Manila hitman ?

The list is long

Boris ,corbin,sturgeon, and the bitch from the lib dems swinstin :whistling:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Whats the going rate for a Manila hitman ?

The list is long

Boris ,corbin,sturgeon, and the bitch from the lib dems swinstin :whistling:

It will be all over soon, well until they who came 2nd ,3rd and 4th wants a new vote because it was so close and people did not understand what they was voting for .

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, scott h said:

Yep, but as Winston is supposed to have  said, its the worst form of government,,,,,,,,,,except for all the other forms :hystery:

The US is not a democracy now. It's an oligarchy, meaning a few rich people control everything.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Neutralizing the influence of big money in politics would solve many problems. Presidential candidate Andrew Yang has a solution that he calls "Democracy Dollars". Give each voter an annual allowance which can only be used for political contributions, so as to dilute the effect of lobbyists and ultrawealthy donors.

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/democracydollars/

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

What election ?  :89:

As long as sterling keeps its value.. not interested.  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1