Manila Traffic

Mick
Posted
Posted

Well after 24 hours of travel back to the Philippines from a meeting in Jo'Berg, it took 4 and a half hours to get home in a taxi, only 15km...... It's more fun in the Philippines 

• Sad 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Mick said:

Well after 24 hours of travel back to the Philippines from a meeting in Jo'Berg, it took 4 and a half hours to get home in a taxi, only 15km...... It's more fun in the Philippines 

You could have walk back from the airport and saved yourself 30 minutes .

Mick
Posted
Posted

If I wasn't loaded with cases and bags it did cross my mind to walk at least 30 Mins to get away from the chaos. It took 90 mins just to get off the airport road ramp

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Yes it took us 2 1/2 hrs to get the length of edsa yesterday.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Every time I have to go through Manila, I wonder how you guys do it every day. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mick said:

When I arrived here in 2002 to retire, It took about an hour and a half to travel from Cavite, going thru Manila to get to the RAO office in Angeles City. That was leaving at about 4am. Haven't tried it lately though. :unsure:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I hate Cebu City traffic, I cannot even imagine what Manila must be like. :1927_:  I am so thankful to live in the province.  I used to worry about having a heart attack here and no hospital.   But if the hospital is 10 km away and it takes two hours to get there I guess it doesn't;'t really matter.  :popcorn:

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

Youngster
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

I hate Cebu City traffic, I cannot even imagine what Manila must be like. :1927_:  I am so thankful to live in the province.  I used to worry about having a heart attack here and no hospital.   But if the hospital is 10 km away and it takes two hours to get there I guess it doesn't;'t really matter.  :popcorn:

I've been through both.  Cebu traffic is not really that bad compared to Manila.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

It is definitely insane these days. I have been here for 3 weeks and wonder why there is no road rage like back in USA! Wife and I have a condo that is 5km away from NAIA 3. Took an hour and a half. Was here 4 years ago and it was a quick 15 minute ride.

All the construction around here it is just inevitable traffic will increase. Building call centers malls and condo's like crazy in BGC\McKinley West. 

NLEX is nice to drive on until you hit the toll plaza coming into Manila.