Smart TV, Best choice for quality and price

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

What's the use? I have Youtube on my PC. Maybe I'm old fashioned.:mellow:

It's easier.  The screen is bigger.  The sound is better.  And you probably need a TV anyway so might as well have a smart one as the price difference nowadays is minimal.  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Often comes bundled with your internet package or add on.

I "brought" mine with me from the US. The app was on the TV and I just signed into it.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's easier.  The screen is bigger.  The sound is better.  And you probably need a TV anyway so might as well have a smart one as the price difference nowadays is minimal.  

I'm still not convinced. I just download what I want to watch and am happy with it. :tongue:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm still not convinced. I just download what I want to watch and am happy with it. :tongue:

Fair enough - I'm not selling it AK!

Seriously though, for web browsing etc smart TV's suck in my opinion and I'd advise you to stick with a PC for browsing, but for watching apps such as You Tube and Netflix it's better for the reasons I mentioned.  Why watch on a 14" screen with poor sound (probably) when you can watch in glorious colour on a 49"+ screen with better sound (probably).  I wouldn't go out and buy one unless you were in the market for a new TV anyway.  

Do you have Netflix or Amazon Video? 

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I "brought" mine with me from the US. The app was on the TV and I just signed into it.

You're lucky - that way you get access to the US library - I signed up here so it 's the local library.  That said, way more than enough choice so no complaints from me,

jimeve
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I download films on my PC then load them onto a thumb drive then watch the films on my 50 inch smart TV. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

You're lucky - that way you get access to the US library - I signed up here so it 's the local library.  That said, way more than enough choice so no complaints from me,

Not correct.  The library you can access is based on your IP address, not where you signed up.  To get the US library you need to use a VPN that isn't blocked. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Hobbit112 said:

Not correct.  The library you can access is based on your IP address, not where you signed up.  To get the US library you need to use a VPN that isn't blocked. 

OK..if you want to be pedantic about it. 

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, jimeve said:

I download films on my PC then load them onto a thumb drive then watch the films on my 50 inch smart TV. :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I do with my stupid tv. Maybe my tv and I are a perfect match! No comments please.:chickendance:

• Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

Fair enough - I'm not selling it AK!

Seriously though, for web browsing etc smart TV's suck in my opinion and I'd advise you to stick with a PC for browsing, but for watching apps such as You Tube and Netflix it's better for the reasons I mentioned.  Why watch on a 14" screen with poor sound (probably) when you can watch in glorious colour on a 49"+ screen with better sound (probably).  I wouldn't go out and buy one unless you were in the market for a new TV anyway.  

Do you have Netflix or Amazon Video? 

I only download what I want to watch from the pirate sites. No pay tv except for the Cignal which is close to useless. I'm seriously considering canceling my Cignal. I'm paying almost 2k per month for garbage.:mellow: