Dust sheets

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have been looking for dust sheets, the big material ones that you can cover furniture and floors with, but all I seem to be finding is the plastic sheeting , I think the plastic will rip for what I want it for, any ideas boys 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Go to the dig dig store, cheapest way to go.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Go to the dig dig store, cheapest way to go.

Dig dig store Mike, is that a local store as I can’t seem to find the name anywhere.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Dig dig store Mike, is that a local store as I can’t seem to find the name anywhere.

Philippine is Ukay Ukay.  Not sure of spelling.  They have big piles of clothing that is shipped into the Philippines from other countries that is unwanted, donated to charities, etc.  Your wife or mother in law will know where they are located.  Called did dig because you need to dig through the piles looking for stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I bought an assortment from screwfix and bb them ahead of us as I've never seen any, the locals just seem to make a mess then clean up afterwards, if they bother. Paint they clean up with thinners. We threw a couple of nephews of the job because they were doing such a bad job painting. You could try a couple of cheap bed sheets from the local market.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Gary D said:

You could try a couple of cheap bed sheets from the local market.

That could be the best way to go, thank you.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

You could try a couple of cheap bed sheets from the local market.

Too thin, paint will go through them. Better of with plastic sheets much cheaper than bed sheets :thumbsup:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Too thin, paint will go through them. Better of with plastic sheets much cheaper than bed sheets :thumbsup:

I am going to use both once I need them ,

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

That could be the best way to go, thank you.

If you have a particular need and can't find what you want, you might consider asking the wife to buy the fabric and have a local tailor run a hem around the edge. Tailors are like vulcanizers, wheel shops and sari-sari stores. There's bound to be a few along the road where you live. 

• Like 2