Still an Elder Bachelor's. Paradise? Or is it now a Myth?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

Is it still a Senior bachelor's paradise where the younger Filipina's gives you special attention and a second look?

I think the days of "paradise" are drawing to a close, IMHO.  But it is still a very good place to find a lady who will give you special attention.  There may be better places but there are certainly worse.

• Like 5

graham59
Posted
Posted

I just asked my Mrs, but she reminded me that yes I'm a (grumpy) old poriner, but also, I'm not a bachelor.... so can't comment.  :sad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, bows00 said:

foreigners are no longer a rarity here,

maybe not, but a secure income is a great aphrodisiac :hystery: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I've noticed that the reaction I get from local women varies a lot depending upon where I am.  In Manila I'm just part of the furniture, in Cagayan De Oro (in the yellow travel area) I get some 'interested' looks but in Ozamiz (which is in the red area and where not many foreigners go) I get lots of 'looks'.

SWMBO pays much closer attention to the women around me when we're in Ozamiz too (she trusts me, but she doesn't trust some of them).

But yes... I think foreigners are now common enough that we're no longer automatically a novelty.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Walking the malls near me I'm starting to see many more single foreigners walking around than with partners.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

There will always be young Gold Diggers looking for gullible older foreigners.  I find the longer I'm here the less reaction I actually give to the local females.  As a newbie if they smiled I'd smile back and maybe say hi.  These days I just think Gold Digger and jog on. 

I'm no oil painting but at almost 55 I'm in better shape than most guys in their 30s.  I've had two proper relationships since arrival and a few casual ones.  I can safely say that it's still possible to have a different partner every day if you tried, which to me is a major turn off.  I prefer the chase.

The one difference I have seen though is there are more females trying to scam or upgrade these days.  Four years ago if they got a foreigner they would kill to keep a hold of them,  more and more I'm seeing Filipinos with older partners smiling at me and trying their luck.  I know a few who are on their 3rd foreigner.  

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I know a few who are on their 3rd foreigner. 

And then there is the occasional one, whom a few of us in Duma know of, who started on foreigner 1, went through 3 more, then ended up back with foreigner 1.  Lord knows why he would take her back.  Must be love.

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2