Still an Elder Bachelor's. Paradise? Or is it now a Myth?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Must be love.

Dave... I think maybe you misspelled "lust?":whistling:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 4

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Maybe gotten a little harder but I doubt you'll find a country where it's easier for a foreigner to get a woman. Even a 70 year old guy can literally just go on a dating site, message 20 girls in their 20s-30s and you'll definitely get a date for the night. Try it in the US or UK and you'll probably have the police round.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, bows00 said:

The title says it all.  But is it still true?  Is it still a Senior bachelor's paradise where the younger Filipina's gives you special attention and a second look?  Even with your gray hair and bulging belly?  Unfortunately, based on my recent experiences, foreigners are no longer a rarity here, especially in the bigger cities, like Manila, Cebu, and even Dumaguete.  in addition, for the older guys, you will be competing with the younger generation of foreigners that have found new interests for a piece of paradise and a#$ here.    

But if your serious of finding that kind of experience, my conclusion is that your chances will be better if you are willing to risk stepping out of some of your western luxuries and seek out a location outside of the bigger cities - places like Leyte and Samar come to mind.  

But there are some positives with getting older, in general, you should have more wealth.  And in some cases, significant.  Quality of life should be better, and this is a huge advantage in attracting the Filipina's.  

This is just based on my 2 year retirement experience in the Philippines so far.  In the end, I love being a bachelor here.   

I still get some of those "looks" from the younger girls. It makes me feel good but I've come to know that the look is most likely dollar signs in their eyes!:gottarun_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I can be out with my wife, and girls (& guys ha ha) flirt with me.  This is still an amazing country to be single.  I know when they look at my pants, they are looking for the big bulging... wallet ha ha  but I do not mind.   And I am not in a touristy area, but there are tons of girls looking for a (generous) friend.

If you are looking for a real relationship, there is plenty opportunity for that too.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

just go on a dating site, message 20 girls in their 20s-30s and you'll definitely get a date for the night.

That may, indeed be true. However maybe I am a bit old fashioned? When I visited dating sites a few years back, I was looking for quality rather than quantity. Speaking strictly for myself, I found, after a number of chat conversations, many or even most Filipino women/girls I encountered  - who were younger than 25 to 30 - seemed rather shallow and a lot like AK just alluded to above. But there were also a few really nice ones. Unfortunately, many had kids (the old Filipino story of "hit and run!") already and I just wasn't prepared at that time to adopt an instant family...

So I would not refer to it as a bachelor's paradise, but there are certainly a lot of incredibly beautiful young women here. I suggest to be very careful about who, where, why someone might connect with...

If you are after quantity rather than quality, remember to wear your raincoat because AIDS and other STD's live here:

Syphilis, HPV, and HIV are found to be the most common infections in the country. A study found that a total of 665 syphilis patients, 2,053 HPV-infected patients and 977 with herpes have been treated throughout the Philippines from 2011 to 2018. (From ABS News online).

Note that the article says "treated," not "detected." Be careful...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Am a bachelor and a long time visitor/resident. Im also mid 60s living in Makati. And thankfully I know most of the " ropes" and havent been scammed for over 10 years.

And most of the ladies that I date/ meet with /travel with around these great islands are all under 30. So yes for me its still a paradise of sorts. And way better than Thailand where they really are money hungry sharks.

I have a live in , who is about 25, great attitude to money, non jealous and is happy and funny, and looks good. And not interested in babies which is fine as those days are well over for me.

Ive always enjoyed my time here, speak a little Tagalog and I find a confident happy kind attitude to ladies goes a long way. And hopefully the radar on watching /seeing/observing what a lady says and does will always help separate the diggers from the more real ladies.

I stay in reasonable shape but I also see that the ladies dont really care how a guy looks , more how he is.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

It makes me feel good but I've come to know that the look is most likely dollar signs in their eyes

I have a lot of interaction with girls in the IT park who mostly work in call centers earning more than most so I doubt if it's just about money all the time.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The older you get the more difficult it will be to find an honest and committed partner. When you get really old you will wish you had an honest and committed partner, if you haven't found one. When you get extremely old, grandchildren will be the only thing that keeps you going.

• Like 5

bows00
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

girls in the IT park who mostly work in call centers earning more than most

Just curious, how much do they earn in call centers?  It must be such a crappy job being on the phone for 8 hours a day.  

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As an add on to my previous post fortunately although there are more foreigners many aren't the sharpest tools in the box.  The amount that I've met who have settled for bar girls is frightening.  One pays his girlfriend 2k peso per day as he thinks he is preventing her from working, she hit every branch on the ugly tree when she fell out of it.  Seriously she would struggle to get a bar fine.  Another friend found out his long term partner had two other boyfriends, one of whom she classed as a fiance.  He had just got her a passport to the UK when he found out.  He finished with her, called her all the names under the sun and two months later he was back with her. 

Seriously in a country where any average foreigner could have a choice of 100s of decent girls every week they still opt for bar girls.  Don't get me wrong, some of the bar girls are good friends and lovely to talk to but once you get to know them you realise you can't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.  They are hardened to life and will use every bit of female charm to seperate you from your money.  

• Like 5