Still an Elder Bachelor's. Paradise? Or is it now a Myth?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, bows00 said:

Just curious, how much do they earn in call centers?  It must be such a crappy job being on the phone for 8 hours a day.  

Depends on what company and what accounts that company holds. Also the person's experience. Beginners get around P15k a month, my GF last job take home was around P22k and her new job now around P25k but next year when she starts at JP Morgan probably P35k. The more experience they have when switching companies gives them the power to say they want x amount and the company's offer what they can.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Seriously in a country where any average foreigner could have a choice of 100s of decent girls every week they still opt for bar girls

I still believe it is the newby's that settle for the bar girls.  After spending some time here, I eventually graduated from bar fining girls.  Don't get me wrong, I still go to the bars to blow some money, but it's strictly just for fun.  But I'm afraid it's now a habit that a future Filipina girlfriend would not approve of.  Maybe that's why elect to stay single - life is so much easier than way.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have a lot of interaction with girls in the IT park who mostly work in call centers earning more than most so I doubt if it's just about money all the time.

You must have your hands full..or maybe the girls do!:makeup_80_anim_gif:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Depends on what company and what accounts that company holds. Also the person's experience. Beginners get around P15k a month, my GF last job take home was around P22k and her new job now around P25k but next year when she starts at JP Morgan probably P35k. The more experience they have when switching companies gives them the power to say they want x amount and the company's offer what they can.

P35k? Per month? Your GF must have some extraordinary skills to merit that amount of pay!:wink:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

You must have your hands full..or maybe the girls do!:makeup_80_anim_gif:

Well not really but I was meaning that I have a live in GF for over 2 years who is not after money. Another girl wants to be my GF but will put her on the waiting list :hystery: But anyway easy to find here if your looking but I just flirt :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

P35k? Per month? Your GF must have some extraordinary skills to merit that amount of pay!:wink:

No, that is what JP Morgan pay. She had JP morgan experience with teleperformance for  about 2 years so really just changing to the main center. JP are probably the top paying companies here for call centers.  

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well not really but I was meaning that I have a live in GF for over 2 years who is not after money. Another girl wants to be my GF but will put her on the waiting list :hystery: But anyway easy to find here if your looking but I just flirt :thumbsup:

Which GF will win? The one on the waiting list or the present one. Stay tuned. :chickendance:

• Haha 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, bows00 said:

Just curious, how much do they earn in call centers?  It must be such a crappy job being on the phone for 8 hours a day.  

My sister in law started 5 years for SITEL in Quezon City for 25K per month. I don't know what she makes now. It also depends who the client is. She does calls for Sears and she is thinking of moving to Capital One which pays better but requires a great deal more training to provide support for financial products.

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

My gf is in training for Eperformax and says starting rate will be 16k/mo.  Eperformax is tied into a business travel website in the US arranging flights and hotel rooms in the US only at this time.

I have told here in that call center work will be difficult for her as her shift will be from 9pm to 6am.  Anyone have experience with this?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

I have told here in that call center work will be difficult for her as her shift will be from 9pm to 6am.  Anyone have experience with this?

A family member works in Manila in a call center (as does her boy friend), they're on good money (by Philippines standards) but they work long hours 6 days a week.