Still an Elder Bachelor's. Paradise? Or is it now a Myth?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
On 12/22/2019 at 8:18 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have a lot of interaction with girls in the IT park who mostly work in call centers earning more than most so I doubt if it's just about money all the time.

The step-daughter just started in a call centre in Mactan.  Starting money is 11k a month, but that goes up pretty quickly I'm told.  How much does it go up?  No idea yet.  

<mutters something about 3 years at university and now working in a call centre>

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
On 12/21/2019 at 7:08 PM, bows00 said:

The title says it all.  But is it still true?  Is it still a Senior bachelor's paradise where the younger Filipina's gives you special attention and a second look?  Even with your gray hair and bulging belly?  Unfortunately, based on my recent experiences, foreigners are no longer a rarity here, especially in the bigger cities, like Manila, Cebu, and even Dumaguete.  in addition, for the older guys, you will be competing with the younger generation of foreigners that have found new interests for a piece of paradise and a#$ here.    

But if your serious of finding that kind of experience, my conclusion is that your chances will be better if you are willing to risk stepping out of some of your western luxuries and seek out a location outside of the bigger cities - places like Leyte and Samar come to mind.  

But there are some positives with getting older, in general, you should have more wealth.  And in some cases, significant.  Quality of life should be better, and this is a huge advantage in attracting the Filipina's.  

This is just based on my 2 year retirement experience in the Philippines so far.  In the end, I love being a bachelor here.   

Dirty old man :hystery:

graham59
Posted
Posted

I know what I see in my Mrs... but the lord only knows what she sees in me. lol  :89:

My Asawa.jpg

• Like 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

I hate dealing with call centers, I know it's not their fault but there's just no deviating from the script at all...them, "sir could you kindly restart...me, "I've already tried that" them "sir could you kindly restart"..arggggggggggggggg! please can we kindly get to the point where we find out it's broken and I need a new one. At least I can understand the Filipino agents no problem verses some of the ones in India, I think they deserve to be paid more really, especially having to work all night, I can relate, it will slowly kill you over time.

Sorry off topic police, I had to rant a little

Edited by Heeb
too apologize
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

I have told here in that call center work will be difficult for her as her shift will be from 9pm to 6am.  Anyone have experience with this?

Depends as there are usually different shifts. But benefits are good, health insurance, 2 days off a week compared to most who work 6 days a week for little plus other benefits such as performance bonuses. 

Best to only work on inbound calls rather than have to call out.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
On 12/23/2019 at 4:19 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

No, that is what JP Morgan pay. She had JP morgan experience with teleperformance for  about 2 years so really just changing to the main center. JP are probably the top paying companies here for call centers.  

My wife used to work for them in Manila, they pay well to be fair. Used to get free healthcare at St Lukes, even had her teeth whitened there for free.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

My gf is in training for Eperformax and says starting rate will be 16k/mo.  Eperformax is tied into a business travel website in the US arranging flights and hotel rooms in the US only at this time.

I have told here in that call center work will be difficult for her as her shift will be from 9pm to 6am.  Anyone have experience with this?

Yes, that is normal for those supporting US based products and services.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

If I was single there is no better place then being here for sure, but being married there is no better place to be for looking from behind those dark glasses I am wearing, but never ever turn your head around as you past a pretty girl while walking with the wife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

29643260-a-cartoon-man-who-has-been-stabbed-in-the-back-by-a-knife-.jpg

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Husbands go to the mall girl watching and the girls go the the mall husband watching, both current and prospective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2