Subway in Manila?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was watching CNN Philippines showing where the new Subway in Manila is to begin.  But Manila streets flood every year at least once.  How will they stop the people in the Subway from downing?

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I was watching CNN Philippines showing where the new Subway in Manila is to begin.  But Manila streets flood every year at least once.  How will they stop the people in the Subway from downing?

'tis obvious. The engineers will just incorporate some drains in the system. :whistling:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hong Kong suffers from flooding regularly. It has a subway system but it doesn't flood...maybe the engineers here could get some tips?

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I really don't want Subway flooded... it's one of my favorite Fast Foods :hystery:

• Haha 5

gery0x
Posted
Posted (edited)

Trying not to be pessimistic but rather realistic: before this project will be 50% done, the money and funds will be "empty". :whistling:

Well at least then they have a new drainage system... :shades:

Edited by gery0x
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yet another pipedream... (pardon the pun)  . 

Maybe it can link up with the high speed trains shooting off up to Clark.... b/sed about for the past 25 years.  

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 12/24/2019 at 9:51 AM, gery0x said:

Trying not to be pessimistic but rather realistic: before this project will be 50% done, the money and funds will be "empty". :whistling:

Well at least then they have a new drainage system... :shades:

Brings the nuclear power plant to mind! They paid off the debt a few years ago.:mellow:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 12/24/2019 at 6:09 AM, Mike J said:

(large bag rupture). :whistling:

You must be talking about my condom use..:wink:

• Haha 1