Eleven dead after drinking coconut wine

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

The lambanog must have been distilled to contain high levels of methanol , this happens when the fluid has been exposed to the wrong temperature 

It's a narrow window between the two different types of alcohol and they are produced by boiling the mash and draining it off , the temperature of the distillation process is critical , get it wrong and you get high levels of methanol in your booze

Thanks! I couldn't find this info! Now I know it's temperature.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Thanks! I couldn't find this info! Now I know it's temperature.

From memory , there are two different types of alcohol , one you can drink within moderation one that you cant , the temperature during distillation is the key

I worked at langs distillery in Glasgow Scotland , they make scotch whisky on an industrial scale , the whisky is 140 proof and us distributed through stainless steel pipes,  they add coluring and water , s

They blend it to make the cheaper type whisky 

The real expensive stuff is the single malts , I've seen malt advertised at £4000.00 GB pounds a glass this was at a golf course in england ,  you can pay up to £2000.00 a bottle for the stuff at the distillery,  

The new kid on the block in Scotland is gin , gin is close to overtaking whisky in the amount that is produced 

I feel for the families of those poor philipinos who have lost their loved ones and for the ones who will have had severe brain damage as a result of drinking this moonshine 

I was told that the way to check the moonshine is to light it with a match , it should burn with a clear blue flame 

• Like 3