Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tommy T.

Solar Annular Eclipse

Recommended Posts

A total solar eclipse begins to be visible in the Philippines in about 30 minutes, or at about 10:30 today, December 26.

It will be what's called an annular eclipse - this means that, because the moon is farther away than at some times, the sun will show around it in what's called a "ring of fire." This is not to be confused with what happens to a lot of us after we eat foods with lots of hot chilies and do our sit down the next morning...:shock_40_anim_gif:

So do not look at it directly, protect what's left of your eyesight!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

A total solar eclipse begins to be visible in the Philippines in about 30 minutes, or at about 10:30 today, December 26.

It will be what's called an annular eclipse - this means that, because the moon is farther away than at some times, the sun will show around it in what's called a "ring of fire." This is not to be confused with what happens to a lot of us after we eat foods with lots of hot chilies and do our sit down the next morning...:shock_40_anim_gif:

So do not look at it directly, protect what's left of your eyesight!

Missed it. 10.45 now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Missed it. 10.45 now.

 

Not really... it is supposed to last a while... It started at 10:30 or so but will take time to become total and then to pass...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy T. said:

Not really... it is supposed to last a while... It started at 10:30 or so but will take time to become total and then to pass...

just had a look, nothing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimeve said:

just had a look, nothing

 

Be patient... it will take time to develop to totality... It will end around 4 pm. It will reach its maximum at about 14:30...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Tom, I'm gonna have to sit here looking at the sky for another 3.5 hours? My neighbours probably think I'm mad already...no need to give them any more proof!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

So Tom, I'm gonna have to sit here looking at the sky for another 3.5 hours? My neighbours probably think I'm mad already...no need to give them any more proof!

Careful you don't take all this Literally HK some don't seem to like it :whatever: For me just another day with clouds so :89:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

So Tom, I'm gonna have to sit here looking at the sky for another 3.5 hours? My neighbours probably think I'm mad already...no need to give them any more proof!

HK... that may be true?:whistling:

So open up a beer, munch on some leftover Christmas feast and let fly an utot or two and they will think that at least you have not gotten worse???:hystery:

And, besides... what else do you have to do today in your retirement in Paradise?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

HK... that may be true?:whistling:

So open up a beer, munch on some leftover Christmas feast and let fly an utot or two and they will think that at least you have not gotten worse???:hystery:

And, besides... what else do you have to do today in your retirement in Paradise?

Shopping...

Beats staring at the sky but only just!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Careful you don't take all this Literally HK some don't seem to like it :whatever: For me just another day with clouds so :89:

I hear you Jack...sunny day here though after a horrible wet and windy day yesterday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...