Solar Annular Eclipse

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

A total solar eclipse begins to be visible in the Philippines in about 30 minutes, or at about 10:30 today, December 26.

It will be what's called an annular eclipse - this means that, because the moon is farther away than at some times, the sun will show around it in what's called a "ring of fire." This is not to be confused with what happens to a lot of us after we eat foods with lots of hot chilies and do our sit down the next morning...:shock_40_anim_gif:

So do not look at it directly, protect what's left of your eyesight!

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

A total solar eclipse begins to be visible in the Philippines in about 30 minutes, or at about 10:30 today, December 26.

It will be what's called an annular eclipse - this means that, because the moon is farther away than at some times, the sun will show around it in what's called a "ring of fire." This is not to be confused with what happens to a lot of us after we eat foods with lots of hot chilies and do our sit down the next morning...:shock_40_anim_gif:

So do not look at it directly, protect what's left of your eyesight!

Missed it. 10.45 now.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Missed it. 10.45 now.

Not really... it is supposed to last a while... It started at 10:30 or so but will take time to become total and then to pass...

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

Not really... it is supposed to last a while... It started at 10:30 or so but will take time to become total and then to pass...

just had a look, nothing

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

just had a look, nothing

Be patient... it will take time to develop to totality... It will end around 4 pm. It will reach its maximum at about 14:30...

hk blues
Posted
Posted

So Tom, I'm gonna have to sit here looking at the sky for another 3.5 hours? My neighbours probably think I'm mad already...no need to give them any more proof!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

So Tom, I'm gonna have to sit here looking at the sky for another 3.5 hours? My neighbours probably think I'm mad already...no need to give them any more proof!

Careful you don't take all this Literally HK some don't seem to like it :whatever: For me just another day with clouds so :89:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

HK... that may be true?:whistling:

So open up a beer, munch on some leftover Christmas feast and let fly an utot or two and they will think that at least you have not gotten worse???:hystery:

And, besides... what else do you have to do today in your retirement in Paradise?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

HK... that may be true?:whistling:

So open up a beer, munch on some leftover Christmas feast and let fly an utot or two and they will think that at least you have not gotten worse???:hystery:

And, besides... what else do you have to do today in your retirement in Paradise?

Shopping...

Beats staring at the sky but only just!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Careful you don't take all this Literally HK some don't seem to like it :whatever: For me just another day with clouds so :89:

I hear you Jack...sunny day here though after a horrible wet and windy day yesterday. 

• Like 1