Guy F.
Posted
Posted

image.pngimage.png

• Haha 2

gery0x
Posted
Posted

Why is there a train under the christmas tree, is this an American thing?!

Never seen that before... :89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, gery0x said:

Why is there a train under the christmas tree, is this an American thing?!

Never seen that before... :89:

Yes, that is a traditional American thing to put a train surrounding the tree.  Usually a boy, like me, would get a Lionel train for Christmas and Santa would set the train up around the tree for Christmas morning.  Then we might set it up in later years for decoration.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 12/26/2019 at 5:38 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Don't want to say.........  EDITED BY JOLLYGOODFELLOW 

I have reported your post because it contains anti-Christian content, and thus is a religious post.

The post was about Christmas decorations and traditions, not religion.  Many of us have fond memories of Christmas that are not related to religion.

I like a lot of your posts but sometimes you need to show some tact and/or bite your tongue.  You may not know it, but you are descending into trolldom.

Intrepid, sorry that your post was sidetracked, and a belated Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I'm Confused 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 12/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, intrepid said:

I do like the Christmas decorations

My BIL in-law here is Auckland loves to decorate the outside of the house.  Four years ago he had hundreds of lights all over, and because their house is on the top of a hill, you could see it from far away!

This year, he converted to those laser projectors like they have on the TV advertisements.  He has four mounted on posts and the cover the front and one side with green and red patterns.  Very nice!  The other day, he ran out to get the last one at Bunnings, and when he got back, he said they were marked down to only 15 nz, about 10 usd.  I mentioned that I had thought about getting one.

He disappeared and 20 minutes later he walked in carrying two more, for me to take home!  True Christmas spirit and generosity!  Maybe I can get a video of his tonight.

• Like 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

My wife gets on a house cleaning tear, and you better not get in her way.  I woke up the day after Christmas to find she had gotten up at 4am, taken down all the decorations, cleaned the floor, and re-arranged the furniture!  

You won't hear a peep of complaint from this Kano.  :whistling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The post was about Christmas decorations and traditions, not religion.  Many of us have fond memories of Christmas that are not related to religion.

Just what do you think the celebration of Christmas is supposed to be about, if not religion? The birth of gift giving?:89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Just what do you think the celebration of Christmas is supposed to be about, if not religion? The birth of gift giving?:89:

Certainly Christmas is supposed to be about religion.  However, the post was about Christmas decorations, not the religious aspects of the holiday.

I agree that it is over-commercialized.  Not much we can do about that, but a person, Christian or not, should be allowed to enjoy the holidays despite the over-commercialization.

I have always enjoyed the Christmas holidays and I like giving gifts.  Even during the period of my life when I thought I was an atheist, I still enjoyed the Christmas spirit.

• Like 2