Soap

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Can anyone recommend a good bar of soap to wash my body with, I don’t like shower gel but every bar I seem to pick here after it’s been used a couple of times they all seem to break up even when there is half the bar left, so any suggestions what brands .

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

L and I have great success with Dial soap. I can use it right to the last tiny bit. However, it seems best with any soaps here to make sure it lives on an open, draining rack so it can dry out or it will get mushy and not last as long.

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I use Safeguard bar soap, the family prefer it in the little sachets but I'm not a big fan of liquid soap.

You can buy it at Watsons in 3 bar packets.

https://www.watsons.com.ph/soap-white-135g-3s-tipid-pack/p/BP_10057654

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Ems has this stupid soap , ( she thinks I don’t know) , the soap that supposed to make you look whiter , now that don’t seem to break up at all, but she won’t let me use it for washing my privates , but I do, :whistling:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Dove Men +Care.  I buy mine at Gaisano if you have a store near you.  Mjld but pleasant scent and has just a bit of a scrubbing type grit to help get you clean.

IMG_20191227_122245.jpg

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

When I first retired here I used to get the red bumps on my legs because of the heat. My body wasn't used to it. Several months later I got a bad case of boils underneath each of my armpits. Once the boils went away I started showering 2 times per day with Dr. S. Wong's sulfur soap. It comes in a yellow or white package that you can get at Mercury drugs,Savemore and Puregold. Have not had any problems since I started using it. The bar last's a long time and is solid and won't fall apart at all. Maybe it will work for you.:fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

When I first retired here I used to get the red bumps on my legs because of the heat. My body wasn't used to it. Several months later I got a bad case of boils underneath each of my armpits. Once the boils went away I started showering 2 times per day with Dr. S. Wong's sulfur soap. It comes in a yellow or white package that you can get at Mercury drugs,Savemore and Puregold. Have not had any problems since I started using it. The bar last's a long time and is solid and won't fall apart at all. Maybe it will work for you.:fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

That's the one we use - my son has sensitive skin.  We buy the white packaged one.  

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Yep, also using this and would recommend, I use the one in the yellow pack, seems to relieve a lot of the itching from all the mozzies and small insect bites here. 

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Yep, also using this and would recommend, I use the one in the yellow pack, seems to relieve a lot of the itching from all the mozzies and small insect bites here. 

Agree, it works well, but with constant use it seems to become less effective (at least for me) and seems to be a bit harsh for my skin type  

I have sensitive skin and often get rashes from soaps (and laundry detergent) with a lot of perfumes. I’ve found Johnson’s baby soap works well and holds up. I’ll get that after I run out of Kirk’s Castile Soap, which I brought with me and will likely not be able to find here. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

That's the one we use - my son has sensitive skin.  We buy the white packaged one.  

Didn’t know they made one for sensitive skin. Will have to try it......thanks for the info!

• Like 2