The Myth of Angeles Girls

bows00
Posted
Posted

In other countries, Angeles City is largely known for one thing, and it can be fun.  Unfortunately, there is an unfair, ignorant prejudice towards girls from Angeles, especially from people with very little experience in the Philippines.  I have to admit, I was once one of them.  Back home in Hawaii, we had hired a female engineer from Angeles City, and there were thoughts of bar girls lingering in the back of my mind - but she ended up being a fantastic engineer for us. 

But one fact that many people overlook is that the majority of the bar girls here are NOT from Angeles.  And it is largely about "saving face" with their families they live with.  I have found that the majority of the bar girls here are from other cities, like Leyte, Samar, or other parts of the Philippines - living away from family and friends.  

I have dated several local Angeles girls here, and they are the typical good Filipina's, and it is not hard to find good English speaking, educated ones as well.  This city has so much to offer, other than girly bars.  

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

I think more of the girls there are now from the local areas.... since the crackdown on 'human trafficking'. 

Of course there are also now a very large number of call centres and similar 'white-collar' employers, compared with what there used to be, so lots of hard-working young  ladies to be seen around the malls, who have nothing whatsoever to do with the bar area. 

I was in Angeles myself last week,  as it happens, meeting up with an old friend. :thumbsup: 

No bar hopping though. :unsure:

• Like 1