Philippines Mulls New Visa Rules for Americans

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, scott h said:

Heh heh. since it has been proven that most wont leave after 30 days :thumbsup:

That's because of the US government's failure to control it.

Heeb
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Gary D said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is all set up by international treaty and all signers should reciprocate. Since when have the US and others allowed filipinos 30 days free entry. So who's already in the wrong.

Every flight to the U.S. would be booked solid with people leaving with no intention of coming back.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Every flight to the U.S. would be booked solid with people leaving with no intention of coming back.

Still the US government's problem to control, not the international community.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Heeb said:

With the overflow going to other western countries...

But this sort of misses the point. 

If the USA and Great Britain and Australia aren't going to allow 30 days visa exemption upon arrival whatever the (jutified) reasons then the can the Philippines really be expected not to do the same?

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted

So when we catch them, if we can catch them  who pays for their flight home and the detention while they await deportation.

1 minute ago, Gary D said:

Still the US government's problem to control, not the international community.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, Heeb said:

So when we catch them, if we can catch them  who pays for their flight home and the detention while they await deportation.

Generally detention is at the detaining countries expense but return flights are at the individuals expense.

It is after all the choice of the country to 'detain' (it's not an international requirement to detain over stayers).

Heeb
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

With the overflow going to other western countries...

But this sort of misses the point. 

If the USA and Great Britain and Australia aren't going to allow 30 days visa exemption upon arrival whatever the (jutified) reasons then the can the Philippines really be expected not to do the same?

Well then we should also ban Filipinos from owning firearms and land in the U.S.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, Heeb said:

Well then we should also ban Filipinos from owning firearms and land in the U.S.

I'm pretty sure that foreigners can't own firearms that need a license?  That's what I was told anyway...

As for banning overseas ownership of land I wish Australia would do that, the chinese are buying land up left, right and center in Australia :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Still the US government's problem to control

they are controlling it,,,its called, get a visa to enter :89:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I'm pretty sure that foreigners can't own firearms that need a license?  That's what I was told anyway...

As for banning overseas ownership of land I wish Australia would do that, the chinese are buying land up left, right and center in Australia :(

Same thing has happened in the U.S. it drove up real estate prices in Seattle that were already high, I think Vancouver B.C. was hit worse.

• Sad 1