VPN'S

insite
Posted
Posted

I tried Nordvpn for a while but it gave so much trouble that they were unable to rectify so they refunded me instead - dont quiet know what the problem was - maybe my Mac

What I have discovered whilst under house arrest is that the browser Opera has an inbuilt free VPN which is both fast and free - worth a look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Because it would be a security check question you gave when first signing up.

Really..ya think?:laugh:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Really..ya think?:laugh:

Yes, many things like online sign up have at least 3 questions. How do you think you would login if they asked you that question? Do you think they will guess your school friend's name and all will be good? 

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

question.jpg

• Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I have cancelled my Express VPN for a simple reason, it could not guarantee me any security for some very important website access from the Phillipines, let me expand:-

Whilst I was in Camarines Norte I wanted to purchase some Tatts tickets and online lottery tickets, but with the VPN activated I could not access the website, I had to disable the app and then I could access the site, so in effect having no security which is what they promised, they refunded my money no problems.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Whilst I was in Camarines Norte I wanted to purchase some Tatts tickets and online lottery tickets, but with the VPN activated I could not access the website, I had to disable the app and then I could access the site, so in effect having no security which is what they promised, they refunded my money no problems.

Had you chosen an end point server for your access point that was from the same geographical location as the Tatts seller's location?

For example you need to choose a Philipines end point server for transactions in the Philippines and a USA server for transactions in the USA.

If you hadn't then it would likely have been caused by a geographical restriction upon sales rather than strictly speaking a VPN problem.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Geoff, thanks for the info, I will give you a call tomorrow to decipher it.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes, many things like online sign up have at least 3 questions. How do you think you would login if they asked you that question? Do you think they will guess your school friend's name and all will be good? 

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

question.jpg

I was being sarcastic. Maybe you didn't get it.:no:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Geoff, thanks for the info, I will give you a call tomorrow to decipher it.

cheers

I paid for an Avast VPN. Haven't had any problems with it. You can choose your location.:huh:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Had you chosen an end point server for your access point that was from the same geographical location as the Tatts seller's location?

For example you need to choose a Philipines end point server for transactions in the Philippines and a USA server for transactions in the USA.

If you hadn't then it would likely have been caused by a geographical restriction upon sales rather than strictly speaking a VPN problem.

I didn't know that VPN's were that fickle. They promise incognito service, but they want the user to try and figure out the service that they provide?  Sounds like crap to me.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I didn't know that VPN's were that fickle.

It's mostly just a matter of choosing a loction that matches what you're trying to do.

So if you're doing USA stuff choose the USA, if you're doing UK stuff choose the UK, if you're doing Philippines stuff choose the Philippines.

It can get complicated when companies like Netflix (and some others at times) attempt to use VPN blocking. 

• Like 1