Structural steel

DMD
Posted
Posted

Where can you find structural steel in the Philippines? I am looking for I-beams and girders. I'm looking to put together a 40'x40' steel building with a usable 2nd floor loft for a living area and 12' ceiling underneath for a shop. Thank you.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Pretty muh any building supply business, see them in use all the time:thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome DMD.  You may get better answers if you let readers know the area you plan on putting up the building.

DMD
Posted
Posted

Don't really know where I'll be living somewhere in the Visayas. If the materials are available pretty much anywhere, I can deal with that. Thank you.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, DMD said:

Don't really know where I'll be living somewhere in the Visayas. If the materials are available pretty much anywhere, I can deal with that. Thank you.

I live in Iloilo in Western Visayas.  I can pretty much buy steel anywhere and everywhere.  If you are looking for some special steel/metals I'm not sure but the everyday stuff is readily available.  

graham59
Posted
Posted

Additionally,  (wherever you decide 'set up shop' here)  make sure you have a visa which entitles you to work and or,  run a business, if you plan on showing your face behind the counter, as it were.  :wink:

You will also need a local building permit.

Probably none of the locals have bothered with one, but I'm assuming you won't be a Filipino ?   

DMD
Posted
Posted

I plan to retire to the Philippines as soon as I sell my house in Alaska. Which I hope to do by spring. I'm planning on putting up one building so I can live above my shop where I plan to do anything I want to do. It will have an industrial look but serve a dual purpose.

Dan

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, DMD said:

I plan to retire to the Philippines as soon as I sell my house in Alaska. Which I hope to do by spring. I'm planning on putting up one building so I can live above my shop where I plan to do anything I want to do. It will have an industrial look but serve a dual purpose.

Dan

You better have a good cooling plan for that upper living area!  And/or the whole building, dependent on your needs.

• Like 1

DMD
Posted
Posted

I plan on having an open and airy home. Plus I'm planning on some air flow to help cool it as we will be close to the ocean.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Have you visited the Philippines?

• Like 1