Easiest airport enter the Philippines

Carl Cabral
Posted
Posted

What is the best and the easiest airport to enter the Philippines when returning from leaving the Philippines and returning to the Philippines on a visa run I have had trouble in Cebu , Kalibo, and Manila was ok or was I just unlucky with the agent in Cebu having a bad day your help would be appreciated thank you

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Carl Cabral said:

What is the best and the easiest airport to enter the Philippines when returning from leaving the Philippines and returning to the Philippines on a visa run I have had trouble in Cebu , Kalibo, and Manila was ok or was I just unlucky with the agent in Cebu having a bad day your help would be appreciated thank you

I have never had any hassles when arriving in Manila. They are not always friendly (would you be friendly after dealing with hundreds of tired and possibly cranky passengers?), but have never been nasty or caused issues - either with me or my partner... And customs have never looked at my bag. Customs just has had a couple of sleepy looking agents sitting at their customs area and not looking or interested in incoming passengers. That is my experience...

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Carl Cabral said:

What kind of trouble?  

• Like 1

Carl Cabral
Posted
Posted

I return from Singapore on. visa run land in Cebu agent looks at my passport and says next time you May not be aloud in because you have lots of visa stamps in your passport I no say anything because he looked like he wanted me to argue with him to give him a reason to throw me out of the country I am from the US we can stay 3years before we have to leave the country I always pay all  my visa payments and everything else they ask for so I ready did not see anything wrong  So what should I do if this comes up again

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Carl Cabral said:

I return from Singapore on. visa run land in Cebu agent looks at my passport and says next time you May not be aloud in because you have lots of visa stamps in your passport

Just ignore them and say you are applying for a 13a or retirement visa. Once you are through nothing will happen. 

• Like 5

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Carl Cabral said:

I return from Singapore on. visa run land in Cebu agent looks at my passport and says next time you May not be aloud in because you have lots of visa stamps in your passport I no say anything because he looked like he wanted me to argue with him to give him a reason to throw me out of the country I am from the US we can stay 3years before we have to leave the country I always pay all  my visa payments and everything else they ask for so I ready did not see anything wrong  So what should I do if this comes up again

You can't automatically stay 3 years, it's 'at their discretion' which means they can do what they like.

I'd go for Manila, normally seems to be Cebu hassling people from what I've heard.

Carl Cabral
Posted
Posted

I understand that it is up to them I was going everyday out of the country the lady at the immigration office told me that the American citizen can stay 3 years before required to leave the country and return the time before I entered in Kalibo airport no problem so maybe you are right  Cebu is not the place to inter the country

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Carl Cabral said:

Cebu is not the place to inter the country

Everyone will have their own opinion.  Cebu is fine for me, but so is Clark and Manila.  As you noted, some officials go on a power trip.  Know your rights and keep a low profile.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

I have heard first hand heaps of difficulties from people entering Cebu.

A month ago returning from Vietnam I decided go through Manila. I could not of been easier, hence will be my point of entry next time. This of course could of been just lucky on the day, most interested to hear of others experiences.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have entered through Manila and Cebu. Never had a problem at either one.  I find Cebu to be a friendlier airport, and the staff more helpful.  I also like Cebu more than Manila (Manila is just a mess ha ha).  I try to exit and enter through Cebu. Easier city, smaller crowds at the airport, never had immigration issues at either one.

• Like 2