Cinnamon Rolls

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

When my mom baked pies, she would bake pie crust cinnamon rolls with the extra dough.  I will never forget the smell and they were delicious!

• Like 4

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

they look awesome and yummy. recipe please

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

@Mike J

Here you go, Mike. I know you like to eat. So I just finished making some cinnamon rolls for you... You would not believe how nice the apartment smells now after baking these...!20191229_123517_resized.jpg

And all this time I thought you were a savory kind of guy!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

When my mom baked pies, she would bake pie crust cinnamon rolls with the extra dough.  I will never forget the smell and they were delicious!

When my Mom would force us to go to church on Sundays she would put the store bought beef pot pies in the oven..so when we got home we would have a feast! Bread included.:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

And all this time I thought you were a savory kind of guy!:biggrin:

I have my sweet moments (and a sweet tooth).:dance:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My mom did the same thing and called them crullers. I snuck off with many on many occasions... Until I sort-of matured, I liked these better than the pies! (except pumpkin - my all time favourite!).

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

@Mike J

Here you go, Mike. I know you like to eat. So I just finished making some cinnamon rolls for you... You would not believe how nice the apartment smells now after baking these...!

They look delicious Tommy, am sure they’re gone by now! 

It’s funny how a smell can trigger memories, both fond and those not so, lol. But the smell of cinnamon rolls baking always trigger a very fond memory for me ......that of my Aunt’s kitchen as she baked them from scratch almost every Sunday. Even the store bought ready to bake ones from Pillsbury were pretty darn good!    

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 12/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, Tommy T. said:

@Mike J

Here you go, Mike. I know you like to eat. So I just finished making some cinnamon rolls for you... You would not believe how nice the apartment smells now after baking these...!20191229_123517_resized.jpg

This is not fair.  I've been trying to loose weight for a while now, well maybe 30 years now, and the sight of these just trigger something in my mind and stomach.  So just name your price for the dozen in the picture and I'll send payment along with my address.:thumbsup:  If they taste as good as they look, I'll send payment for a monthly supply. I have the ice cold milk ready!  In all seriousness, I have bought cinnamon rolls several places around here but they just can't seem to get the dough correct.  Anyway, please add some raisins to a few of the next batch you send me.:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, intrepid said:

This is not fair.  I've been trying to loose weight for a while now, well maybe 30 years now, and the sight of these just trigger something in my mind and stomach.  So just name your price for the dozen in the picture and I'll send payment along with my address.:thumbsup:  If they taste as good as they look, I'll send payment for a monthly supply. I have the ice cold milk ready!  In all seriousness, I have bought cinnamon rolls several places around here but they just can't seem to get the dough correct.  Anyway, please add some raisins to a few of the next batch you send me.:tiphat:

Ahhh... soo sorry, Intrepid! I do not mean to defeat your diet...:SugarwareZ-034: They certainly are not low-carb or "diet" rolls! And sorry again... but they are all gone already... They don't last long here.

They are priceless... I cannot really tell you how they taste relative to appearance, but they taste good to me and L still loves my baking! She is full Filipina but prefers my cinnamon rolls to what she finds locally... She says they taste good - the dough is a bit heavier than local doughs and not nearly as sweet. I use unbleached white flour that I found at G-Mall here.

And, maybe you did not view the photo closely, but these are already loaded with raisins...:dance:.

Maybe I should start a cinnamon roll business here??

Thanks for your kind comments, Intrepid!

• Like 3