Cinnamon Rolls

intrepid
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

And, maybe you did not view the photo closely, but these are already loaded with raisins...:dance:.

Maybe I should start a cinnamon roll business here??

After I sent my reply I was showing my wife the picture and I did notice at that time the raisins.  Many people don't like raisins in cinnamon rolls but my mom added them when I was a kid and have enjoyed them ever since.

Go ahead and start your business.  Don't worry if it might fail, I'll keep you in business!:hystery:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, intrepid said:

After I sent my reply I was showing my wife the picture and I did notice at that time the raisins.  Many people don't like raisins in cinnamon rolls but my mom added them when I was a kid and have enjoyed them ever since.

Go ahead and start your business.  Don't worry if it might fail, I'll keep you in business!:hystery:

Hahaha....!! Thanks for the support, Intrepid! Sorry again for your diet... Anyone can always pick out the raisins if they don't like them...

Actually, L wants to start a small salon here with some available food on the side in an attached  cafe. I could provide quality coffee and some baked goods and other foods that are not so common here like curries, Mexican foods, cookies, brownies, etc... We will see what happens...

I am currently sort of testing some of the things I can create to see if they will float with Fiilipinos, along with foreigners to see if there is really a market for them.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Hahaha....!! Thanks for the support, Intrepid! Sorry again for your diet... Anyone can always pick out the raisins if they don't like them...

Actually, L wants to start a small salon here with some available food on the side in an attached  cafe. I could provide quality coffee and some baked goods and other foods that are not so common here like curries, Mexican foods, cookies, brownies, etc... We will see what happens...

I am currently sort of testing some of the things I can create to see if they will float with Fiilipinos, along with foreigners to see if there is really a market for them.

Many Filipinos enjoy a curry if not to spicy, if anything like Bacolod curry restos are hens teeth. I am certain it would be popular so long as food up to standard.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I agree, from what L tells me. She loves super spicy, but that is not the norm here.

Thanks for your input - it is valuable to us!

So the basic should be rather mild with the option of adding heat and spice, I believe...

We will see what works and what doesn't.

So we shall invite you here to try out our versions of curry and other foods? You will be welcome to attend!!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Tommy, where do you buy your yeast and what brand?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Tommy, where do you buy your yeast and what brand?

Sorry, Mike... The yeast package was a few months old, but still good in the refrigerator. I already cut off the top with the label so all I have is the price p19.75. I am sure I bought it at Gaisano grocery store. That store here has the best variety of baking and cooking goods in the area. The other stores are all hit and miss.

• Thanks 1