Food

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well what I have seen so far is not what I am use too, maybe being brought up and having to do chores have made me how I am today, one thing that gets me is the flies around and waste food being thrown outside , this just attracts germs , maybe I just ain’t use to what’s normal to most folk.

Take today another BBQ for a late breakfast and what’s that smell being burnt first , rubbish It smelled like a rubber tyre was being burnt,then on goes the food, these folk must have a cast iron stomach, and no I did not partake in any of this, my trusted box of cornflakes is lasting well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Nobody was going to be sleeping at our family New Year do last night Steve.... :biggrin:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well what I have seen so far is not what I am use too, maybe being brought up and having to do chores have made me how I am today, one thing that gets me is the flies around and waste food being thrown outside , this just attracts germs , maybe I just ain’t use to what’s normal to most folk.

Take today another BBQ for a late breakfast and what’s that smell being burnt first , rubbish It smelled like a rubber tyre was being burnt,then on goes the food, these folk must have a cast iron stomach, and no I did not partake in any of this, my trusted box of cornflakes is lasting well.

While I  sympathize with your situation Steve honestly it has not been my experience here. Sure have smelt the plastic burning from a far time to time how ever not able recall events where i was at where the hygiene was as mentioned. Admittedly I do not frequent many and most have expats in attendance, perhaps this changes the situation.

trust your box of corn flakes holds up.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, stevewool said:

Nothing wrong with your perceptions, Steve...

L is rather meticulous about keeping cookware and eating utensils and plates super clean. She goes nuts if she spots even one fly in the house. If it lands on anything, she will toss the food and wash the plate, glass or utensil right away. The only real difference between us is that I always heat water for dish washing in a kettle and she settles for cold tap water.

However, there are some renters in the building who were not so careful. They would just take leftovers or scraps and place them outside their units to feed any stray dogs or cats (not to mention rats, mice and cockroaches?) or just toss them on some vacant land next door. She and I educated them and, suddenly, there were no more stray cats or dogs running around pooing and peeing everywhere. For a while, one batch of renters was taking all their rubbish and just dumping out a window of their second floor apartment - until we noticed the evidence and stopped that.

And, as mentioned before, L refuses to eat anywhere it does not look somewhat hygienic - that does eliminate most food stalls and caranderias and even a few restaurants.

I cook maybe three to four meals a week and L cooks the rest or we go out or buy take-out. It's convenient that she likes almost everything I prepare and I am the same with most of her Filipino foods.

• Like 2