The family

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Now I am not complaining but just making a observation, it’s New Year’s Eve and I think it’s been going on now for a few days , lots of banging and horns blowing and karaoke blaring out on every street corner and kids playing in the streets and it is not to bad , plus it’s hot .

The family is here for a few days and if I here ‘Let’s Eat ‘ again I will scream , but I think they have all been told to say it every time they come into the room,plus it’s a excuse for them to eat, it’s amazing where they put it all, from being woken around 4 am this morning for that’s what time they got here and after a few grunts from me I went back to sleep, 7.30 am they came down and yes it was ‘ let’s eat ‘ and then it was back to bed, then later showers then ‘let’s eat, then it’s shopping .

A few hours of DIY all to myself, sanding doors and cleaning window frames , then I could here the noise of them approaching the house , well they was in the next street but we all know that they seem to scream rather then talk.

Yes as soon as they came in ‘ let’s eat’, but now there is a new saying , ‘ you talk to uncle Steve’ .

Its been fun even with the language and the shyness plus me being a grumpy old git , but would I change it , maybe give me some earplugs and I would say no, bloody hell still got another 4 hours until midnight and what ever time it will finish.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The local knuckleheads had taken the baffles out from their motorbike exhausts and have been going up and down the road outside since teatime revving their engines WTF. If one of them holes a piston will I laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The local knuckleheads had taken the baffles out from their motorbike exhausts and have been going up and down the road outside since teatime revving their engines WTF. If one of them holes a piston will I laugh.

We have a person who lives across the street who has this moped thing with the loudest exhaust ever, i can’t say what I would wish for, but maybe it’s just me who can hear it and know one else bothers.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

‘ let’s eat’, but now there is a new saying , ‘ you talk to uncle Steve’ .

Wait till you get promoted to 'papa steve' they will be all over you :biggrin:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

plus it’s a excuse for them to eat, it’s amazing where they put it all,

I am not sure about the adults, but I am fairly certain that the kids are hollow. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The day after the night before and it’s silence, it’s beautiful, I step over the bodies that are lying on the floor and head out towards the balcony and it’s so quiet, just the street cleaner going about her business a few other folk washing there cars and it’s very nice sitting here.

Then my beauty was shattered , I went down stairs and more bodies and 2 dogs were asleep , well I say dogs more like rats dressed in cloths , plus they have left a few parcels on the floor, I then go outside and was there a party or something yesterday.

Back in the comfort of my room, fan keeping me cool and thinking roll on later when this place becomes silence again, I do like my own space and silence but at the moment it’s all about compromising but going one way it seems.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

The day after the night before and it’s silence, it’s beautiful, I step over the bodies that are lying on the floor and head out towards the balcony and it’s so quiet, just the street cleaner going about her business a few other folk washing there cars and it’s very nice sitting here.

Then my beauty was shattered , I went down stairs and more bodies and 2 dogs were asleep , well I say dogs more like rats dressed in cloths , plus they have left a few parcels on the floor, I then go outside and was there a party or something yesterday.

Back in the comfort of my room, fan keeping me cool and thinking roll on later when this place becomes silence again, I do like my own space and silence but at the moment it’s all about compromising but going one way it seems.

Silence, not here. Load of the kids got these big viking horn looking things yesterday which they blow all day and into the small hours. They started again at just before 7 am and and still going at it. The only hope is that they are cheap plastic and will break soon. The karaoke and loud music came on about the same time. aaaaagh. I think we will be going away next year, the local shipyard would be quieter.

• Haha 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

We have a person who lives across the street who has this moped thing with the loudest exhaust ever, i can’t say what I would wish for, but maybe it’s just me who can hear it and know one else bothers.

We have a guy like that directly across the street.  His mom won't let him start the bike near the house, so he pushes it out to the street before he starts it.  Thanks, bud!  This is not an ordinary bike, its heavily modified.  He also has about three friends with similar bikes who come by on New Years Eve to hang out.  

Where we live, the goal seems to be just making as much noise as possible.  If you don't have fireworks, pots and pans banging together will do.  Racing your loud bike up and down the street too of course!  This year we are hanging out at the family's house in the province.  Love the practically unrestricted fireworks!  Then again there were a couple houses that burned down a few nights ago not far from here....

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

This kid with his moped with the loudest exhaust ever I was watching him when the fireworks was at full boom which I must add was very good as we was quite high and you could see many miles in many directions, anyway this kid was revving his bike every time there was a bang , there was no one else around him but himself and if cause his phone , stupid boy.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Well fortunately it's not every where. We had the night in our condo in Bacolod and it was pretty quiet. At midnight there was the usual displays which could be seen, banging was about but not for long or overly loud.

Anyway it's pretty much over now for all so better times ahead.