Baguio Expats 2020?

Arthur Fleck
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone, new member here, but Philippines expat for 9 years (Manila, Cebu, Clark).

I'm thinking about moving to Baguio and just did some research on the boards... it seems the info is already outdated.

For example, the expat hangout named frequently was the Red Lion Pub - now permanently closed.

Who's currently in town?

What's the expat joint these days?

Also, if anyone wants to grab a drink, shoot me a PM. :)

Cheers,

Arthur

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Hi Arthur, welcome to the forum.

Can’t help with Baguio...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Arthur.  I have not been to Baguio yet but this is a friendly group.  I am sure others with knowledge of the area will be posting shortly.

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Arthur,

I lived in Baguio for 2 years but haven't lived there for almost 5 years. Sorry to hear that the Red Lion Pub has closed. They changed locations just before I left. The new location was across from Teachers Camp on Leonard Wood Rd. I really liked Baguio but it is just getting too crowded, especially during holidays. There is a micro brewery as you come into Baguio on Marcos Highway called Baguio Craft Brewery. That sounds like a place expats might meet.

Earthdome

Edited by earthdome

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, earthdome said:

There is a micro brewery as you come into Baguio on Marcos Highway called Baguio Craft Brewery. That sounds like a place expats might meet.

Earthdome

Branch here in IT Park. Sometimes busy but others I notice almost no customers all night.  Plus I am a friend of the manager. So here in Cebu perhaps not a meet point.  :) 

Arthur Fleck
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the feedback guys! I guess Baguio isn't really an expat spot.

Maybe because of the rainy season... I just saw May to October it rains 6 1/2 times more than London here!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm not so sure how many Expats live in Baguio. I have read it's become crowded and the air is often polluted. But it's much cooler than much of the Philippines. You could always visit as see how you like it there.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Arthur Fleck said:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I guess Baguio isn't really an expat spot.

Maybe because of the rainy season... I just saw May to October it rains 6 1/2 times more than London here!

When I was there 5 years ago there were plenty of expats in Baguio. But I was the only one I knew of who was on this forum. Plus I knew a number of filipino's who had returned to the Philippines after living in the US for the majority of their adult life.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

It sounds like Bagio may be like Seattle, Washington.  Cold (comparatively), rainy, congested, and crowded?   Too cold for me now that I have acclimated to the warm temperatures here in Moalboal.  It is 82 F now in Moalboal and 61 F in Baguio according to Google. 

• 2 years later...
Doglover
Posted
Posted
On 1/2/2020 at 10:19 PM, earthdome said:

Hi Arthur,

I lived in Baguio for 2 years but haven't lived there for almost 5 years. Sorry to hear that the Red Lion Pub has closed. They changed locations just before I left. The new location was across from Teachers Camp on Leonard Wood Rd. I really liked Baguio but it is just getting too crowded, especially during holidays. There is a micro brewery as you come into Baguio on Marcos Highway called Baguio Craft Brewery. That sounds like a place expats might meet.

Earthdome

Baguio is definitely overpopulated and filthy.