What’s the right price

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Back on topic, we were quoted 30K for bars on 13 windows - average size. We live in a typical middle-class subdivision so I assume some mark-up already included.  60,000 and 90,000 seem way too high and 15,000 way too low so who knows - somewhere between the 60,000 and 15,000 I'd guess.  

30K is about what I was thinking too, HK

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, gery0x said:My best bet would be finding a relative who knows how to weld and give him the job for small money,  a case of beer and a nice dinner.

If only

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The best quote we had but not the cheapest was the bloke who quoted me for the windows , the doors and a staircase plus the carport, but the carport alone went from 35,000 to 170,000 then when I said no he reduced it back to the 35,000, so because of that I would not have him to do any work for me.

Still looking, we have been to the local supplier and have priced nearly all the material and it’s around 18200 to 19500, that’s for a 10 meter by 3 meters which I am very pleased with now it’s looking for that welder with a welding machine , we have someone coming on Monday to look at the job, he is a welder who has been recommended by one of our workers but he has not got a welder , but I shall see what he says and if he knows what is saying and doing and it’s what we are wanting I may have to bit the bullet and buy a welder but then get him to make all the window and door security bars plus a staircase for the roof deck , and I was quoted to do all those jobs plus car port 220,000 peso , we shall see what happens there is no rush