Restaurant Human Garbage Disposals??

bows00
Posted
Posted

I am currently studying culinary and attending community college classes back home in Hawaii.  And I love Angeles for the variety of restaurants here, and most of the establishments are good, or at least decent to my standards, but there are some that just are dirt crap.  For example, I just ate at the Mother Indian restaurant near Fields where the food - and service, was disgusting.  I should have known better when I entered the establishment and realized I was the only customer there.  In the end, I spent 685p for a meal I could barely take down.  And I left two pieces of BBQ chicken and half a plate of stale fried vegetables when I left.

So it got me wondering...  do the workers end up eating the food I left behind?  This practice would be grounds for firing an employee back in the US, but in the Philippines??   The waitress asked "Take Away"?  I said "Hell No".   She smiled and eagerly took the plates away.... got me wondering...

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sad to say from my experience there is one culture where their hygiene standards purely from my experience is horrendous.  I won't name them for fear of offending Indians. :whistling:

I used to help Sheriff Officers carry out warrants on businesses that hadn't been paying their dues.  On average 9 out of 10 were The same type of restaurant.  I would pick the locks when the business was closed to gain entry and the sights I saw would turn your stomach.  Food open to the air, crawling with flies the odd mouse dropping.  Where the food was covered at times they'd placed the old cleaning clothes or workers clothes over it.  In one restaurant there was no CR.  The workers had been using the sink where they washed dishes and cleaned the food. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Why not just cut out the middleman and throw it straight down the CR ?  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I used to help Sheriff Officers carry out warrants on businesses that hadn't been paying their dues.  On average 9 out of 10 were The same type of restaurant.  I would pick the locks when the business was closed to gain entry and the sights I saw would turn your stomach.  Food open to the air, crawling with flies the odd mouse dropping.  Where the food was covered at times they'd placed the old cleaning clothes or workers clothes over it.  In one restaurant there was no CR.  The workers had been using the sink where they washed dishes and cleaned the food. 

Thanks... I think...

I had a friend who worked for the US Dep of Agriculture as a meat inspector for a time. After that job, he became a vegetarian...

Your post has maybe put me off Indian restaurants for life, at least here in the Philippines.. I love Indian food, but will continue to just make it myself, even though it may not be quite authentic always...

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks... I think...

I had a friend who worked for the US Dep of Agriculture as a meat inspector for a time. After that job, he became a vegetarian...

Your post has maybe put me off Indian restaurants for life, at least here in the Philippines.. I love Indian food, but will continue to just make it myself, even though it may not be quite authentic always...

Interestingly, we have no Indian restaurants here in Iloilo, at least no proper ones.  Pity, because I love the food despite the fact it seems I was dicing with death each time I had a meal in one.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, bows00 said:

do the workers end up eating the food I left behind?  This practice would be grounds for firing an employee back in the US

We all have different observations and experiences.  In Canada I have seen stoned and drunk patrons show up at a restaurant and eat the food scraps left on the table by the previous customer.  I have seen road kill collected by Dept of Fish and Wildlife and donated to people on Social Welfare to eat.  On the other hand, people who used to collect restaurant or grocery store food scraps to feed their pigs are no longer allowed to do so.  Its a funny world we live in.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We all have different observations and experiences.  In Canada I have seen stoned and drunk patrons show up at a restaurant and eat the food scraps left on the table by the previous customer.  I have seen road kill collected by Dept of Fish and Wildlife and donated to people on Social Welfare to eat.  On the other hand, people who used to collect restaurant or grocery store food scraps to feed their pigs are no longer allowed to do so.  Its a funny world we live in.

At the risk of making a political statement here... Our "governments" spend an awful lot of time protecting us from ourselves. Part of that is the "sue you, sue me Blues." Part of it is watching how stupid some people really seem to be... Yep... it is a funny world... and a strange strange trip it's been...

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

We all have to suffer, in order to protect idiots from themselves. :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I gave up trying to find a decent Indian Restaurant here, always end up average at best & very expensive by Filipino standards, normally more expensive than the UK.