13A annual report

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, ButtCracker said:

Once I believed they where changing the small annual reporting details to toy with us like harp seals at Seaworld I was at peace. If could watch myself doing completely unnecessary busy steps I would find it amusing, too.

It keeps a bunch of people employed during the slow season.  The part that makes zero sense to me is why do you have to produce last years receipt?  The only reason that makes any sense to me is they do not record your visit in their computer records.  If that is the case then the annual report serves no purpose except to raise revenue and produce frustration. :Mad:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/11/2020 at 3:41 PM, jimeve said:

Can we share yours then:whistling:

Sure, anytime!  Let me know when you are outside.  :smile:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Mike J said:

It keeps a bunch of people employed during the slow season.  The part that makes zero sense to me is why do you have to produce last years receipt?  The only reason that makes any sense to me is they do not record your visit in their computer records.  If that is the case then the annual report serves no purpose except to raise revenue and produce frustration. :Mad:

I don't really agree with the premise here and actually I think the Philippines is doing a better job at managing immigration than my home country.

As mentioned earlier I did not have to give anything but my ACR card.  Nothing else except p310.  Appears to be computerized to me and the card is a chip card.  It would be nice if there was consistency across all offices and their web page, but you know how that goes.

U.S. Immigration is out of control.  Many illegals are actually overstays.  If immigration and police had their handcuffs taken off and could enforce immigration laws, the problem could be reduced at lot.  I would agree with an annual check-in process for immigrants in the U.S. if I thought it could reduce overstays.  If you don't have current docs, don't check-in, and get pulled over or arrested, your ass should be deported.

In the Philippines, remember that the annual report is not just for us retirees, it applies to all visas.  

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't really agree with the premise here and actually I think the Philippines is doing a better job at managing immigration than my home country.

As mentioned earlier I did not have to give anything but my ACR card.  Nothing else except p310.  Appears to be computerized to me and the card is a chip card.  It would be nice if there was consistency across all offices and their web page, but you know how that goes.

I agree with you - I do not find the Annual Report at all cumbersome and only need to show my passport, my ACR and the 310php.  No receipts ever asked for and everything recorded in a book (may be transfererd to a computer later?)

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I agree with you - I do not find the Annual Report at all cumbersome and only need to show my passport, my ACR and the 310php.  No receipts ever asked for and everything recorded in a book (may be transfererd to a computer later?)

It must differ from Office to office, I had to have> copy of passport bio page>copy of last entry on passport. copy of receipt, and of cours the 310 pesos  (Dumaguete branch)

Edit, had to go back a week later to pick up the receipt.

Edited by jimeve

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

It must differ from Office to office, I had to have> copy of passport bio page>copy of last entry on passport. copy of receipt, and of cours the 310 pesos  (Dumaguete branch)

And that is was it has on the website.  Some offices like Olongapo maybe did a bit of thinking outside the box and realized it was not needed.  ACR card probably has everything including last entry, last annual report, etc.  Perhaps some offices due the ARs offline and forward info to an online office.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

I'm not surprised to hear it's not consistent.  I also had to return for the receipt later but the same day.  I had to leave my passport for that few hours - this was only because it was so busy though.  

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

BI at J Plaza in Cebu City will accept a "Power of Attorney" if you are a "senior".   This is the first year I have tried that and it worked out fine.  I really hate to wait in long lines so people can take my money so I will probably continue to do this in years to come.  I have attached the Power of Attorney that I wrote and also a copy of a news article which states BI will allow power of attorney for seniors.  

SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY Sample.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
hk blues
Posted
Posted

I can't recall who asked the question, or in which topic but I said I'd get back on this.

I was able to submit my documents to renew my ACR (13a visa) here in Iloilo BI regional office and got my new card about 6 weeks later. I could likely have had it sooner but they didn't tell me it was ready despite saying they'd sms me.

All in all, the BI in Iloilo are pretty switched on if not perfect.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I can't recall who asked the question, or in which topic but I said I'd get back on this.

I was able to submit my documents to renew my ACR (13a visa) here in Iloilo BI regional office and got my new card about 6 weeks later. I could likely have had it sooner but they didn't tell me it was ready despite saying they'd sms me.

All in all, the BI in Iloilo are pretty switched on if not perfect.

Thanks, I was asking that question years ago because I was told only Manila could do it.  Good to know that at least one other office can do it!  :thumbsup: