My new kettle

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

So, I would seriously doubt if you could see many coffee machines in the UK before the end of the 1970s or even later.  

We have had stove coffee peculators in UK for years.......I remember my Mom telling me as a kid...."Any more trouble out of you young man and you'll be grounded" :morning1:

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I had my own 'Expresso' coffee maker in the UK,  back in the late 70s.  Bit of a 'yuppy' thing back then though (which I suppose I was... looking back. lol)  . I was also very early in getting a video player/recorder., CD player... and other such modern gadgetry.  A phone in my car, and a pager too. Who remembers those, before  cell phones/mobiles ?  :biggrin:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Who remembers those, before  cell phones/mobiles ?

I dragged around one of the original Motorola cell phones - big huge thing must have weighed 5 kg or more. I carried it around using the shoulder strap while wearing a suit. My clients were impressed when it rang during my sales calls to them because it was such new technology. The battery only lasted three months then needed to be swapped out. The calls were something like $1 per minute? And the unit cost me a LOT! It was a relief to scale down to the huge "pocket" sized version that only weighed 1 kg? a year or so later...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

... And we thought we were sooo cool.  :laugh:

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Kuya John said:

."Any more trouble out of you young man and you'll be grounded"

That's what my electrician said to me... I was shocked!

• Haha 2