12 hours ago, earthdome said:

If they are the same brand of door lock you may be able to get a kit to make them all the same. I did that a few years ago when I installed new doors. If you get the kit read the instructions very well because some of the lock components are spring loaded and it is a huge PITA to get them back in if they pop out. I did this with Schlage locks.

Good suggestion, thanks! I will also ask at the door-lock shop to see if something like matched lock sets can be ordered.

Thanks also for the comment about spring loaded parts. I took apart some steering equipment on the yacht for maintenance and did not read the instructions carefully and suddenly about 20 little needle bearings jumped out at me and scattered all over the cabin. It took me half an hour just to find them, and the springs THEN had to figure out how to re-install... A sailor's nightmare!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Fingerprint locks, Jeez. we have the top of the range padlocks.

I guess they have to justify the astronomical house prices somehow Jim!

Here is the other extreme though - I'm always surprised that owners in my subdivision don't change the locks when they move in - i saw how many keys were being passed from contractor to contractor. 

• Like 1