An Irritating Itch... Help!

bows00
Posted
Posted

I'll get right to the point.  I've got a very irritating itchy scalp, currently residing in Angeles City.  Do I need to make an appointment with a Dermatologist, or can I go directly to a store (i.e. Watson) to get an over the counter relief medication?  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Tea tree oil shampoo should help. 

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)

Maybe you have come in contact with head lice?  Very common in Asian countries due to the heat and humidity. 

From the the net...... Itching is the most common symptom produced by lice, and is explained by our allergic reaction to the saliva secreted by the lice when they suck our blood (when they bite us). This is why we spend the day scratching our head when we have lice.

Edited by Eddie1
Change of wording.
  • Like 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought you had to have hair I have the same hairstyle as many here ...Kojack :tiphat: ...so I guess I could get the pesky creatures!

I have heard kids here pick up lice at school from the other kids. Anyone come across that and if so how was it treated? 

Edited by OzeMike
  • Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

I have heard kids here pick up lice at school from the other kids. Anyone come across that and if so how was it treated? 

You can buy lice combs with very fine teeth, used in combination with undiluted shampoo you can comb them out (be careful to look for the eggs carefully).

• Like 2

insite
Posted
Posted

You could try this - ani fungal / dandruff

Available at most pharmacies

Anti Fungal.JPEG

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bows00 said:

I'll get right to the point.  I've got a very irritating itchy scalp, currently residing in Angeles City.  Do I need to make an appointment with a Dermatologist, or can I go directly to a store (i.e. Watson) to get an over the counter relief medication?  

Go bald..or kalbo. The ladies love it. Bugs don't have a chance, unless they move south. Only shaved down there once when I got a vasectomy.:ohmy:

• Haha 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, insite said:

You could try this - ani fungal / dandruff

Available at most pharmacies

Anti Fungal.JPEG

Are you a doctor?  I wish I took your advice first.  Spend 400Peso to see a doctor who gave me the exact prescription.  It's working.  Thanks

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OzeMike said:

I thought you had to have hair I have the same hairstyle as many here ...Kojack :tiphat: ...so I guess I could get the pesky creatures!

My wife got lice when she was a child in Bohol.  Back then, in a poor province, it was automatic kalbo, so my wife was a cute bald girl for a while!

• Haha 4

bows00
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Go bald..or kalbo. The ladies love it. Bugs don't have a chance, unless they move south. Only shaved down there once when I got a vasectomy.:ohmy:

that's my plan, but I want to get rid of this ugly rash on my head before I expose my scalp.  

• Haha 1