Condo prices Cebu city and Mactalan island

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I looked to buy an apartment in Palawan the best part of 5 years ago.  Ground cleared and the building had started.  5 yrs later and not much further by all accounts.  Probably a handful of properties finished and it's not looking good for the others to be built. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Chariskeith said:

Sorry I thought I'd mentioned in the title...its Cebu city and its environs I'm talking about.High prices in Manila dont surprise me at all...but I was quite astonished when my partner said that condos in Cebu were 5 to 7 million!!..with Cebu not being the capital city,I'm honestly shocked by this,because its exactly the same kind of price as in my home city of Leeds in the UK! I was expecting prices of 2 to 3 million for a 2 bedroom condo,not 7.The only reason I can fathom is that these condos are targeted at wealthy Koreans and Chinese...how could even many middle class Filipinos afford this?

Yes but Cebu has high price areas and low. IT Park for example will cost you more. Mandaue for another example will cost you less. Mactan has lower cost areas but also high cost areas like any country.

graham59
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Chariskeith said:

Hi all I'm a UK resident wanting to buy/pay via instalments for a condo in Cebu.I'm really confused here because alot of Filipino acquaintances here in the UK say condos are relatively cheap in condo..but my Filipino partner says that a 2 bedroom condo is 7 million pesos!...I'm sure this cant be the going rate,as it's just as expensive as the price of apartments in my UK home city of Leeds!-Im sure that on average Condos shouldn't be as expensive as this,since how do even professional Filipinos-on much lower salaries than in the west-afford to buy them? Can anyone suggest a decent realtor or place to look for good value condos(that arent dilapidated or falling apart!)

Many thanks 

Keith 

I

RENT, don't buy... at least until you've lived here a year or two and really understand 'the lie of the land'. :wink:   

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the tourist/expat areas they are. You can get them much cheaper in less popular areas. Studio condos in my subdivision in Novaliches (North Manila) are 900k, there's just nothing to do outside the subdivision for a 30 minute drive:biggrin:.
I wouldn't recommend buying a condo personally, you can rent 7 mil condos for 25-30k per month.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Buy from a high class developer with a good reputation. This is the only way you will be able to get a quick resale. Buy from a lousy cheap developer like SM or robinsons and the old saying of " you pays your money you take your choises is true.

Ayala land is one is best and yes most expensive . however all their properties are usually sold out in pre-marketing... meaning theres a lot of demand for their product. A developer that cant sell all its units means its not a top tier developer.

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Chariskeith said:

Hi all I'm a UK resident wanting to buy/pay via instalments for a condo in Cebu.I'm really confused here because alot of Filipino acquaintances here in the UK say condos are relatively cheap in condo..but my Filipino partner says that a 2 bedroom condo is 7 million pesos!...I'm sure this cant be the going rate,as it's just as expensive as the price of apartments in my UK home city of Leeds!-Im sure that on average Condos shouldn't be as expensive as this,since how do even professional Filipinos-on much lower salaries than in the west-afford to buy them? Can anyone suggest a decent realtor or place to look for good value condos(that arent dilapidated or falling apart!)

Many thanks 

Keith 

I

Pay anything and get out of leeds..... Wawaw 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My last home address in the UK was a Leeds postcode, but not in the city.  :smile:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, graham59 said:

My last home address in the UK was a Leeds postcode, but not in the city.  :smile:

I thought you was around York 

graham59
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

I thought you was around York 

Yes... from (off and on) 1967 to 2015... then moved to just outside Leeds.

My half-Filipino son is a true 'Yorkie', as he was born in York.   :smile:

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

You better be dam sure you want a condo here.  I've rented some high end condos here and was never satisfied with the workmanship.  I am currently staying at the Kandi Towers here in Angeles City, and even these condos would not meet my standards.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1