Condo prices Cebu city and Mactalan island

bows00
Posted
Posted

Actually, the only condo that impressed me was the Hyatt place in Bonifacio Global City.  But that's if your willing to dish out 48 million pesos.  

graham59
Posted
Posted

The idea of 'comparing like with like' , Philippines to UK, is obviously a non-starter.  

I know where I'd rather invest any substantial sums of money....that's for sure.  

• Like 1

Chariskeith
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, graham59 said:

The idea of 'comparing like with like' , Philippines to UK, is obviously a non-starter.  

I know where I'd rather invest any substantial sums of money....that's for sure.  

And where is that  Graham,the UK?

On 1/10/2020 at 2:19 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes they are but you have not said where in the Philippines which makes a difference.

Chariskeith
Posted
Posted
On 1/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, Mick said:

Pay anything and get out of leeds..... Wawaw 

I do want to get out of leeds but I dont want t to pay any price(was that rhetorical?)

I'm looking for a country with cheaper ,better value property prices...not an imitation of london...otherwise  all my money goes on buying a property,and theee needs to be enough later to provide an income in my 60+ years.It seems the philippines has become another HK Singapore with soaring property prices  on the back of  Chinese and Korean speculators. I heard anecdotally that Thailand was cheaper ....outside of Bangkok...but again  I may have been misinformed.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chariskeith said:

IIt seems the philippines has become another HK Singapore with soaring property prices  on the back of  Chinese and Korean speculators. 

HK and Singapore are city states, the Philippines is not so you're not comparing apples to apples.  The Philippines is an entire country not just 'parts of Manila/Cebu where property prices are increasing'.

There are plenty of places where you can build or buy or rent a house or condo at prices that make western prices seem expensive.

The mediam house price in Melbourne, Australia is $834,00 AU and unit (condo) median price is $640,000  (and Sydney is lots more expensive BTW).

https://www.therealestateconversation.com.au/news/2018/11/20/what-can-you-get-melbournes-median-house-price/1542670776

Where as you can buy a new build 4 bedroom, 3 CR (bathroom) house with carport in CDO for 6 million peso (which is about $175,000) and there are plenty of other medium and large(ish) cities across the Philippines where similar prices are possible. 

Look nobody is saying you have to move here and you shouldn't if you're not happy with the choice but that doesn't mean you can make misleading statements unchallenged about the country when you've got basically zero experience of it without being pulled up on them.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Thanks 1

Chariskeith
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

HK and Singapore are city states, the Philippines is not so you're not comparing apples to apples.  The Philippines is an entire country not just 'parts of Manila/Cebu where property prices are increasing'.

There are plenty of places where you can build or buy or rent a house or condo at prices that make western prices seem expensive.

The mediam house price in Melbourne, Australia is $834,00 AU and unit (condo) median price is $640,000  (and Sydney is lots more expensive BTW).

https://www.therealestateconversation.com.au/news/2018/11/20/what-can-you-get-melbournes-median-house-price/1542670776

Where as you can buy a new build 4 bedroom, 3 CR (bathroom) house with carport in CDO for 6 million peso (which is about $175,000) and there are plenty of other medium and large(ish) cities across the Philippines where similar prices are possible. 

Look nobody is saying you have to move here and you shouldn't if you're not happy with the choice but that doesn't mean you can make misleading statements unchallenged about the country when you've got basically zero experience of it without being pulled up on them.

Misleading?-excuse me???? Somenidy is being snowflakish and over sensitive it seems.I dont need a lecture in geography thanks.I know very well that HK and Singapore are city states,and the Philippines is an entire country.Im not stupid,so please dont talk to me like Iam.

Iam obviously comparing the cities of HK and Singapore with Manila and Cebu because there are certain  similarities in regard to an inflated property boom...and I've every right to express my surprise and bewilderment.You really shouldn't take these comments so personally...and I never claim to have had experience with this,precisely why I'm raising the point!-so please drop the antagonism.By the way,Australia isnt my point of comparison,the northern UK is.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Chariskeith said:

Misleading?-excuse me???? Somenidy is being snowflakish and over sensitive it seems.I dont need a lecture in geography thanks.I know very well that HK and Singapore are city states,and the Philippines is an entire country.Im not stupid,so please dont talk to me like Iam.

Iam obviously comparing the cities of HK and Singapore with Manila and Cebu because there are certain  similarities in regard to an inflated property boom...and I've every right to express my surprise and bewilderment.You really shouldn't take these comments so personally...and I never claim to have had experience with this,precisely why I'm raising the point!-so please drop the antagonism.By the way,Australia isnt my point of comparison,the northern UK is.

The fact is you didn't compare HK and Singapore with Manila and Cebu you wrote "I'm looking for a country with cheaper ,better value property prices", that's 'country' it refers to more than just Manila and Cebu.

It you're surprised that Manila and Cebu prices are similar to the Northern UK then you're missing the point, you're comparing north Scotland (hardly urbanized) with Manila and Cebu (highly urbanized) when you should be comparing London with Manila and Glasgow with Cebu (for UK based examples).

And my point in mentioning Australian prices was to show that much of the UK has property prices that are fairly low by first world country standards.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Chariskeith said:

Either you are overly sensitive or you came here looking for an argument.  Play nice.

• Like 3

Chariskeith
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Either you are overly sensitive or you came here looking for an argument.  Play nice.

Absolutely not.Im not the one who stated that maybe "I shouldn't come to the philippines" and accused someone of misleading others.It was Geoff who did that..I come here long for  answers,not abuse.

graham59
Posted
Posted

I've moved here (Phils) from Sherburn in Elmet....and have been coming and going here from the UK for periods up to several years,  for 30 years now. 

Keep your money invested in the UK would be my advice mate.  :thumbsup:

(And don't let 'girlfriends' get hold of it...your money, that is). 

• Love it 1