PLDT Non performance.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I need some guidance here please on what to do about PLDT.

During the typhoon in December the PLDT aerial on our home service was blown down, we contacted their service hotline and requested for a technician to come and fix the aerial, and have been sending them messages everyday, yes everyday since then, but nothing from them, of course the messages about how they have received our request for service, and how they have escalated our problems to their support team, blah, blah blah but nothing.

is there a way to give them the flick? I have kept copies of emails, messenger  and sms messages to them. After 4 weeks I doubt their sincerity.

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I need some guidance here please on what to do about PLDT.

We had similar issues, it was only sorted out after we went into the physical office.

As for cancelling you'll probably have better luck with that in person as well.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My advice is to cancel your contract.  You do this by notifying them in writing on 4 different occasions that they are not fulfilling the contract.  Then you have legal grounds to cancel with no penalty.  In fact I did this in Dumaguete when living at one location and then got PLDT again after moving to another location just 4 miles down the road.  They know they have problems and will not fault you if you do it the right way,  Trying to get them to fix the problem?  Not gonna happen unless you get lucky.  They would fix it if they could but sometimes they just don't have the equipment to do that.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave, in writing do you reckon email is sufficient?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

do you reckon email is sufficient?

Probably.  Just go to their local office and politely tell them you have tried 4 times to get the problem resolved and you want the contract cancelled.  I had no problem whatsoever doing it that way.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave, but seeing their office is 2 hours away, I will keep hounding them, to see if I can get a result.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks Dave, but seeing their office is 2 hours away, I will keep hounding them, to see if I can get a result.

:thumbsup: "WOW" Great pun there OM52 :whistling:

• Haha 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Glad you liked it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: "WOW" Great pun there OM52 :whistling:

I must be shitfaced..I don't get the pun!:4617:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I must be shitfaced..I don't get the pun!:4617:

:whistling: The poster was referring to a post by "Dave Houndriver" BUT I think you knew that really :rolleyes:

• Like 1