PLDT Non performance.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's quite ironic that we all have communication issues with the two main players in the telecommunications industry here, 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

The installation engineer gave me his cell phone number... for in case I have any problems. 

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

thanks for that, a sale rep gave me his number as well, plus his email address, neither of them worked when I called him and sent him emails, and so on it goes.

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Welcome.jpg to the Philippines where complaints mean Nothing :whistling:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Jack, sad but very true. I really wasn't expecting it to be this bad, well not bad really, disgusting, don't give a kcuf attitude.

Until they want something from you.. I was waiting for my partner the other day while she was doing some banking, just standing there watching the girls go by, and this bloke comes up to me and starts a conversation with me the usual "good morning"  where are you from? whereabouts do you live here?  this conversation was going on for some time, and I am thinking that the sting will have to come soon, but it didn't, he just said "nice meeting you and hope you enjoy your stay here in the Philippines" about 2 minutes later he returns and says "I am so sorry to bother you but my card would not work in the atm machine and I need money to get home"

So I slung him a 20php and off he went and I laughed.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I have Globe. One of their connection boxes is up on a pole exactly right next to our gate. More than once we lost phone and internet connections after they climbed back down the ladder that they use. And more than once I and my GF confront them when it happens. They climb back up, and like magic..we are back on line. The technicians that they hire have no clue. Whenever Globe guys come around and go up the pole my GF and I are out there making sure they don't leave unless we are good to go.:smile: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

We went to the PLDT office yesterday sort this mess out, what mess you might ask?

That after the typhoon in December last year the equipment outside suffered some damage, so we called the 171 number and could not speak to anyone because of some irregularity with our details, so if your details are not 100 percent correct the "Computer says NO"

So I started contacting them on messenger, evidently the wrong contact number, because I sent them 500 messages in a two month period and the majority of times they responded with the reply " someone will contact you", or "we have escalated this to our support team" and a few other standard computer generated replies. but no one ever called us .

Yesterday we took the 2 hour trip to the nearest city to get some car parts and as advised here we went to the PLDT office and waited 2 hours to talk to someone about the problem.

Because no one ever called us after my 500 messages, according to them "There isn't a problem".

There is only a problem if we call you and raise a docket, and so the conversation started going around and around, the person I was talking to was not interested in seeing the 500 messages and very quickly palmed us off to a internal phone where she palmed us off to another person where exactly the same thing happened.

When I asked for a email address that I could send a transcript of my messages to "We don't have a email address that you can do that".

So there you have it folks, how to waste 3 hours of your life.

Oh I forgot to mention, that they will only raise a docket if your account is in credit, now seeing that our account was due a week ago, I didn't pay it because of the continuing saga with these bastards, so they want me to pay up front again for a service that is not working properly with no guarantee that anything will be done, this I know.

• Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

so they want me to pay up front again for a service that is not working properly with no guarantee that anything will be done, this I know.

Maybe try Globe at Home pre-paid?  They have an incentive to make that one work...

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Geoff but we already have Converge up and running and is working a treat, my idea was to have both running until my contract wIth PLDT expired, but after yesterdays experience I am not paying another cent to PLDT and for a change they can chase me and I will ignore them.

While I was at the PLDT office waiting for 2 hours, the thought struck me that in this country no one seems to mind getting DEKCUF over until I saw a man about my age lose it with the staff about no service there, someone has some balls after all.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

...the thought struck me that in this country no one seems to mind getting DEKCUF over until I saw a man about my age lose it with the staff about no service there, someone has some balls after all.

I often ponder this point - I rarely see locals lose it but it's certainly not because they are satisfied, rather they have a (too) high respect for any authority and, I think, simply have a higher tolerance level for the ridiculous simply because they need it!  

• Like 2