FAX to the U.S.A.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OK, technically, that is a scan, not a copy.  :smile:

Technically a 'fax machine' is a scanner, it's just that it's a single purpose scanner with dedicated electronics and a phone connection.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My bank needed a signed two page document.  I took a careful, full frame, picture of each page with my cell phone and sent them as attachments via their secure web portal.   They accepted them without comment.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Mike J said:

My bank needed a signed two page document.  I took a careful, full frame, picture of each page with my cell phone and sent them as attachments via their secure web portal.   They accepted them without comment.

My bank just sent a signable pdf which I signed using my mouse....after a bit of practice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gary D said:

My bank just sent a signable pdf which I signed using my mouse....after a bit of practice.

I think if I tried that it would look like I used a dyslexic seeing eye dog. :hystery:

• Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

I think if I tried that it would look like I used a dyslexic seeing eye dog. :hystery:

I think if I ever had to deny it was my signature it would probably stand up in court.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

I signed using my mouse....after a bit of practice.

That is the advantage of a touch screen.  My laptop has one.  I can open the pdf on my laptop, make a styous (pen) out of a pencil with a bit of tinfoil around it, and sign it normal.  Then send.  It is the future of documents I hope.  Save the paper industry for making toilet tissue.

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I signed using my mouse....after a bit of practice.

I tried that signature thing with the mouse last year on the PDF form that the US Embassy in Manila sent me but it looked too sloppy for me. I thought that they might not buy it. So after filling it out I put it on a USB and took it to a print shop and faxed it to them. Worked out great. That was for the dead or alive form for Social Security. :shades:

• Like 1