My Dogs.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They look vicious!  Have they killed anyone yet?  :hystery:

My 3 daughters and I really want a dog.  My wife, not so much.  After we get a decent fenced in area, I will get one.  Probably a lab.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Have thought about getting a dog after we move out of the city.  My secret hope is to acquire a 'quiet' big, male dog who would hopefully become the alpha in the neighborhood.

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Have thought about getting a dog after we move out of the city.  My secret hope is to acquire a 'quiet' big, male dog who would hopefully become the alpha in the neighborhood.

The only way a dog becomes  the alpha dog is to form a pack, that means letting your dog roam free in the neighbourhood. Please don't do that.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

The only way a dog becomes  the alpha dog is to form a pack, that means letting your dog roam free in the neighbourhood. Please don't do that.

Occasionally an aggressive dog will see the owners family as the pack and become alpha.  This can be dangerous as the dog may not mind the owner(s) if strangers come on the  property.  Women and children can have a more difficult time maintaining a dominant role in the "pack" as they are smaller in size and their voices tend to not be as strong or stern as a man's.

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They look vicious!  Have they killed anyone yet?  :hystery:

My 3 daughters and I really want a dog.  My wife, not so much.  After we get a decent fenced in area, I will get one.  Probably a lab.

Now that these 2 are about 6 months old, they only get vicious when it comes to food.:biggrin:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jimeve said:

I only keep female dogs cuz I don't want the puppy problem. It's usually the oldest female that becomes the Alpha. I normally have at least 5 dogs at any given time. When they go into heat they hump each other. Kinda funny but sad in a way.:mellow:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just at this time as I write this My overweight Labrador of 10 years old is undergoing Surgery for unblocking her Intestines and removal of a hanging Cyst and a Tumor on her Right Foot Molly i l;ike jack fruit.jpg    dogs trish and molly.jpg Lovely pets but "WOW" the Cost as they get Older Hopefully, the 35k + peso will be well spent. Surgery don't come cheap here on pet Dogs

• Like 2
  • Sad 5