Single with Money = Great Life in the Philippines

bows00
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Let's not be too hard on the man - we've all posted BS on the internet when drunk.

yeah, I was drunk when I posted that... maybe a mistake.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Filipinos have no or little money sense, the less they know the less it will hurt you.

Totally disagree.  Especially in marriage.  Open, honest communication is the crust of trust.  If you can't do that, you got the wrong partner.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

gery0x
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

How do you go about discussing it with your significant other?

I don't!!

I tell when the spending gets out of hand and that's that.

My wife knows that I am somewhat "rich" for Filipino-standards, but she doesn't know what my company's actual bank account looks like.

Sometimes she gets a glimpse when I'm on netbanking but that says nothing because I have a couple of different currency-accounts there.

Also this is not a topic of trust to my partner, it's a topic of responsibility with money - which Filipinos simply don't have *imho* starting especially when the sums go above 4-figure numbers (USD/EUR/AUD).

If you want to share your 2.5 Mil net worth with any next bar girl then so be it - but then don't expect to get financially lucky here! :laugh:

What's the old saying here in the Phils? You can become a millionaire here, when you arrive as a billionaire!

11 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Totally disagree.  Especially in marriage.  Open, honest communication is the crust of trust.  If you can't do that, you got the wrong partner.  

I beg to differ - unless you have a partner who knows how to handle "sums" of money which normally is something absolutely new to a Filipina or Filipino.

And by "sums" I mean those 2.5 Mil net worth that you mentioned above.

It's nice for bragging, but i don't know many Pinoys who really have a good sense for money. And those who really do can teach me more about it than I could teach them... :whistling:

Edited by gery0x
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

My Ems loves to have cash in her pocket she likes to spend it too, yes she has calmed down now and she likes bargains rather then paying full price, but running the household bills and other finances she has no idea , I have tried to explain to her , but she just does not want to learn about how to find the best deals , so that’s my job and I am happy doing it.

Bank accounts , isa accounts , and pensions all goes over her head but ask her how much we may have in each account she’s within a few ££££ of each one

stevewool
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, bows00 said:

You are right we all should be honest and true full to our partners .

bows00
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Rule number 1... don't tell anybody what you are worth, it's dangerous and to be honest, very stupid.  People here get kidnapped, sad but true.

I'm not that stupid.  I'm back home in Hawaii now.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, bows00 said:

I'm back home in Hawaii  now.  

Well mate, with that address, you have told us you must have a few Bob ($) and I guess your ladies will know also :whistling:

graham59
Posted
Posted

O.P.  ....

Simple answer then, where relationships are concerned. 

Don't buy... RENT.  :thumbsup:

boyee
Posted
Posted
On 1/28/2020 at 8:32 AM, Eddie1 said:
On 1/28/2020 at 3:58 AM, bows00 said:

Not to brag, but only for your honest opinion and feedback.

Sure, I'll go for it. I'll give you feedback and my honest opinion.  You come across as a complete arsehole in my honest opinion, very crass as well.  Ever since you started posting on here you have always tried to drop money and insinuate your worth into your posts, very tacky.   Regarding posting your net worth of $2.6 million dollars... are you really sure that was necessary?

Obviously posting personal wealth of this amount is not the safest idea.  However it seems to me the original poster intent was not to brag but rather to disclose his situation honestly so readers can get perspective into his situation.  I for one am not offended with this bluntness.  Clearly locals in the PH and HI know this Gent has money and uses it to enjoy his life.  I say go for it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1