Single with Money = Great Life in the Philippines

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

When will I ever learn ? 

An interesting and provocative view of life for a guy who sees life as" foot loose and fancy free" here...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

The best pre nup is a secret bank account in a foreign country. Tell her u have a small pension of $xxx.oo per month and that is all u have. There will be a line up to finagle even that out of you.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 1/28/2020 at 7:58 PM, bows00 said:

Hell man, just had a great night out tonight.  

I'm going to disclose a little more.  Not to brag, but only for your honest opinion and feedback.  I have net worth of $2.6 million.  Which includes a penthouse condo in Hawaii, overlooking a golf course, just 5 minutes away from the airport.  I have no debt... everything is paid for ... and I have a government pension and investments that gives me $7K per month.  

How do I discuss the topic of money with a young potential Filipina?   Who barely understands how to open a savings account in a bank.  

As fun as it is, it can be frustrating.  

Can I move in with you? I won't be able to party much. I'm 67 now. I'll party with you but I usually go to bed around 9 pm. Let me know.:7500:

• Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

An interesting and provocative view of life for a guy who sees life as" foot loose and fancy free" here...

Like me Tommy T..reality sets in.:smile:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Peter Magnolia
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2020 at 4:30 AM, bows00 said:

I wouldn't want it any other way.  Especially if you have sufficient income.  I wake up every morning feeling blessed, and life is great.  Retired at the ripe age of 58, I still feel young here.  Why? Because the young Filipina's give you some attention and make you feel way more special than you deserve.  If you are a bachelor with money, you will not want to leave the Philippines.    I rent an awesome one bedroom condo, for $750/month, with a great pool and gym.  I limit myself to a budget of $100/day.  My typical day is as follows: 1) Wake up and eat breakfast, any restaurant with good food will do, 2) Study - online class, 3) Workout at the gym, 4) go looking for Filipina's, malls, restaurants, even bars...rinse and repeat.  Now why would I want to settle down with one girl?  And give up this freedom??

It never gets old.  It's definitely more fun in the Philippines...

You are living my dream sir! I was very happy to find your post as most are about committed relationships which are all well and good but it's nice to see someone has pulled out all the stops and is living the life of Hef like I intend to do for a while when I finally get there for the first time. I've spent most of my life in the States where a lonely man goes to a bar just to feel lonelier. I need to make all of that go away before I become attached to that special someone. I think a year or two might do the trick. I am a little disappointed with your figures. 100 dollars a day? I was wondering if you could break that down for me. I was expecting to become a playboy for much less than that. A hundred a day is going to be difficult to do every day of the week but a couple times a week might be possible. And your apartment must be on the extraordinary side. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Peter Magnolia said:

I am a little disappointed with your figures. 100 dollars a day?

$100 a day for "living the life of Hef" is cheap.  Being single, you will have a lot more expenses than a married man (in the short term).  Keep in mind that almost all of your dates will expect money in some form.  You can pay direct for bar girls or you can treat a girl to dinner, gifts, transportation money, and something for her family.  Nobody rides for free.

For a while you can date girls and give them nothing, but word gets around and eventually you will find yourself looking further and further afield to find girls who have not heard of the cheap foreigner who won't give them anything.

Of course if you wanted to live like a monk, you could get by on a bit less than $100 a day, but prices have definitely gone up from the "good old days" of live like a king on $1000 a month.

• Like 4

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Keep in mind that almost all of your dates will expect money in some form.

As they have and will expect from many other guys before, during, and after.  Not exactly a Hef type situation...

• Like 2

Possum
Posted
Posted

Having just read this old post and the subsequent replies I am amused. No one in their right mind would post their net worth on any public forum, especially if residing in a developing country. Besides, with that much wealth why confine oneself to the Philippines? Singapore would be a better place for such a wealthy person, their are women from all over the world there anxious to meet such a person and the living conditions are first rate.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 1/29/2020 at 10:23 AM, boyee said:

Obviously posting personal wealth of this amount is not the safest idea. 

9 minutes ago, Greglm said:

No one in their right mind would post their net worth on any public forum

Hmmm

On 1/29/2020 at 1:47 AM, bows00 said:

yeah, I was drunk when I posted that... maybe a mistake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Greglm said:

Having just read this old post and the subsequent replies I am amused. No one in their right mind would post their net worth on any public forum, especially if residing in a developing country. Besides, with that much wealth why confine oneself to the Philippines? Singapore would be a better place for such a wealthy person, their are women from all over the world there anxious to meet such a person and the living conditions are first rate.

You don't accumulate wealth by giving it away!  If you can buy a Big Mac for $3.50 why would you want to spend $7.00 on the same thing - it all tastes the same!

P.S. I many not be being entirely serious in my reply, but a little!

• Like 1