House colours

stevewool
Posted
Posted

In the Philippines you can see every colour of houses on the streets so are there any rules about what colour you can use to paint the outside of the house, and those who have done so what colour do you find best to use, is there a better colour that may last longer in this weather .

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, stevewool said:

In the Philippines you can see every colour of houses on the streets so are there any rules about what colour you can use to paint the outside of the house, and those who have done so what colour do you find best to use, is there a better colour that may last longer in this weather .

Considering how some houses look, I really don´t think so :wink:.

Maybe it´s differnet if the house is in a nice subdivision?

gery0x
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, stevewool said:

those who have done so what colour do you find best to use, is there a better colour that may last longer in this weather

I don't believe that there are rules about that, well at least unless you paint something offensive on your house haha!

I prefer white or any other bright color, simply because those colors are most effective in heat reflection, whereas darker colors absorb more light/heat.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, gery0x said:

I don't believe that there are rules about that, well at least unless you paint something offensive on your house haha!

I prefer white or any other bright color, simply because those colors are most effective in heat reflection, whereas darker colors absorb more light/heat.

Not bright colours, but light colours reflect sun light. But you are right about dark colours absorbing sunlight/heat.

I would go for a pastel colour pale yellow or anything pale, white would be too strong on the eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would recommend something like this :hystery:

image.png

Edited by Viking
spelling
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

gery0x
Posted
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Not bright colours, but light colours reflect sun light.

Yes you are right! Sorry for my bad English or inconclusive wording!

Anyway we all know what I wanted to say :smile:

35 minutes ago, Viking said:

I would recommend something like this 

How about this one:

house-3.jpg

:tongue:

Edited by gery0x
  • Haha 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

They've been (cement) plastering the outside walls of my new den this weekend. So that'll be to paint sometime before the rainy season starts . (June).

I keep out of the way, and really can't bear to look at how they do things here.  :no:

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

We have patios front and rear so for looks we added a stone skirt from floor to waist level with a cast concrete "chair rail" atop that, painted white. The rest of the walls are a milk chocolate brown. The roof is white as are the eaves.

Our wall is the house brown from ground to half-way on the 8' front and 10' rear. The the top half is white. The front is painted inside and out. The rear, only inside. The side walls which are 4', are brown inside and out and the pointed angle iron atop those is black.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've gone with a concrete roof for the den... soon to have  a low-walled roof patio on top of that, with steps up...and with a 'traditional' tin roof. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

Here is another colourful suggestion :laugh:

image.png